FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Motor/Starter Probs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

lestrange04

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Motor/Starter Probs Reply with quote

so basically from what I have read in each and every problem thread in the forums is.... Junk the electric start since it really isnt butch enough to do the job, forget the roto start because anything with a oneway bearing is just asking for trouble, and a pullstart... LOL.. ill just leave that one alone. So just stick with a starter box yes?
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Motor/Starter Probs Reply with quote

lestrange04 wrote:
so basically from what I have read in each and every problem thread in the forums is.... Junk the electric start since it really isnt butch enough to do the job, forget the roto start because anything with a oneway bearing is just asking for trouble, and a pullstart... LOL.. ill just leave that one alone. So just stick with a starter box yes?

Yes
lestrange04

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, ok, I ordered a starter box and a 12V gel cell battery. No charger. Anyway. for the time being I installed a pull start off of my HPI. First pull EVERYtime cuts it on. Warm, cold dont matter. EVERYtime. Although I do have blisters to prove I got a pull start.
lestrange04

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wierd, this is the second time I KNOW i posted something but it didnt show up. Anyway, now everything is worked out starting wise. Funny thing is I cant set it up right between the breaks and the throttle. The thing keeps on shutting off every now and then like when I brake, and the throttle likes floating/sticking on its own after i give it throttle often. Sometimes, only when im running it, the throttle will up on its own. weird, I cant figure it out. Any more help would be great. Thanks.
lestrange04

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone please? If I cant get this thing together right... first $250 can have it with only 4 or 5 tanks through it.
downtime27

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try putting all your radio settings to the neutral position, and then reset all your linkages on your buggy, set the idle opening, and the break, just remember to never set your linkages with the trim on the radio.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lestrange04 wrote:
wierd, this is the second time I KNOW i posted something but it didnt show up. Anyway, now everything is worked out starting wise. Funny thing is I cant set it up right between the breaks and the throttle. The thing keeps on shutting off every now and then like when I brake, and the throttle likes floating/sticking on its own after i give it throttle often. Sometimes, only when im running it, the throttle will up on its own. weird, I cant figure it out. Any more help would be great. Thanks.

Sounds like its out of tune and/or the idle isn't set properly.
4 or 5 tanks and your ready to throw in the towel?? Its not even broke in yet, and most certainly not tuned properly.
Trust me, trading up or buying the most expensive Nitro RTR will not make your intro to Nitro 101 any less frustrating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: