FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Cutting out at 1/2 tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> LD3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Doggeddie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Cutting out at 1/2 tank Reply with quote

My Ld3 dies around 1/2 tank. I still have the Force .12 in it. Temps are fine. I checked for air leaks on the engine and tank. Everything looks fine. My LHS tech guy took a look at it and could not find any problems. I have tried richer and leaner with no change. The only thing I have noticed is a bit more foaming in the tank than I have seen with my buggy and trucks. My LHS told me the Force .12 is junk and there was nothing that could be done about the problem. I only bought the LD3 to mess around with in my shop and don't want to spend a bunch of money on it. Any suggestions?
Nightmare

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happens when you only put 1/2 tank of fuel in to start with?
Poohblah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cutting out at 1/2 tank Reply with quote

Doggeddie wrote:
My LHS told me the Force .12 is junk and there was nothing that could be done about the problem.
They might be right; the Force .12 is a cheapo engine at $60. The problem could also lie in the LSN/idle settings because those are tricky to get right.

Also, after the engine stalls, does it start right back up or do you have to wait for it to cool?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> LD3 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: