FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
BCE gives the ST a kick in the pants (good kick)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

the freeze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: BCE gives the ST a kick in the pants (good kick) Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi All Hyper ST PRO Guys, Here is our level one working Prototype.
I wanted to post a couple of Pics for you all to see the progress,
of the Project. This will be a conversion Kit, with some outside Parts
for the best all around performance. I have The Freeze, Who will be Helping
out with the levels of testing and setting up some post to help with questions.
with only a small list of details left ,This should be available very soon for
sales to you ST Pro Owners ... Thanks a lot for you guys who have been
emailing Me with the request You will automatically put in priority for the ordering
and a Really Big thanks to The Freeze For all of his help in coordinating
with all of the parts and enthusiasm .
We do Have plan's for the Final version Based on the full ST PRO Model
and also some neat little surprises coming soon as well..

hey guys aparently this is me the pink cheerleader anyways are you all as stocked as I am for this thing

We are just working out all the litttle bugs and fine details of this 1st version bad boy and will begin the testing phase very quickly Bill and I talked about this last night and we both agreed that we need to step up the pase quite a bit since everyone will be begining their summer racing very soon if not now (like me YAH!) and we want to get this stuff out their ASAP for everybody. But we need a little time to make sure this thing is 110%. Bill said it best, this is going to be one hardcore racing setup that plain rocks. We will be posting pics and results as this develops closer to the production stuff which should be relativealy soon, so we will be keeping you up to date.

P.S. the chassis pictured is a pre production 1st run prototype no lightening, no pocketing, or flex cuts, or coating

Let me know what you guys think and feel free to ask me any questions, I will try to respond back as soon as I can
we will let you all know where and when it is available here is a link to the BCE page on truggy racers
http://www.truggyracers.com/forum/index.php?showforum=57
spikeitaudi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted on RCuniverse. What advantage will this give me over the stock chassis in racing?
the freeze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you with out a doubght Bill makes some of the awesomest put together chassis conversions so much so the pros seek him out

As for performance difference I will let the results speak for themselves as soon as we get some good testing done

check out some of the reviews of his stuff on truggyracer above link

or a couple of months back RC car magazine did a full review on his PJX conversion for the CRT and the reported performance gains were huge!
crazysavage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spikeitaudi wrote:
As I posted on RCuniverse. What advantage will this give me over the stock chassis in racing?

From my experience with the BCE Jammin project, Bill will move the center diff and engine more forward and closer to the center line as well as the servos and fuel tank. This will provide better chassis balance to give the racer the oppertunity to lighten diff fluids and dial in shocks for a flatter driving, quicker responding race platform that will allow for a more aggressive driving style and that will be more forgiving and make maximum use of the contact patch of the tires.
chris coerper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one question that i have is the rear CVD long enough with the added length to the rear......Hard to tell from the pics....

Looks great and let us know when we can get one!!!
the freeze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy savage is correct but it will have even more features

Chris this conversion will require the use of a different set of center universals to allow for the new lay out I will post part numbers as soon as we are sure everything works great
the freeze

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi St Guys,, New info this week,,
TyrantTrooper

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great , does BCE have a website? And do they / you take pre orders?
the freeze

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they do and I am not sure if he is taking preorders yet but I will find out for ya and I will let everyone know when he is taking preorders so no need to bomb bard Bill with a gazilion emails just yet

but heres the linkhttp://rcracingparts.com/

info will be out some time this week hopefully stay tuned
the freeze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its almost here folks I'll be doing some testing over the weekend and have a bunch more info on some neat stuff but heres some drooling material

Quote from Bill Cradock of BCE...

Hi St Guys, Here is an Update for all that
Have been waiting , Here are some of the newest Pics
Of the Race Chassis Kit. The one pic shows what will be
needed for this Change, The Kit will come with the Chassis
and new side guards, The Truck is now on the way for weekend
racing with the Freeze , He will also update as far as some
of his Hop ups He has performed on the project.
We will keep you guys posted.

Thank you

Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that engine mount a Mugen ?? And the rear Uni, I'm guessing is a Kyosho STRR rear uni??
the freeze

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a winner
you got it rob

I'll be posting more info soon after this weekends testing about all the neet changes and upgrades

now remember this is not the final production version for sure we might have to make a slight tweek or two Bill just wants to make 110% everything is PERFECT

notice you cant see something very well in the pic
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see the center diff mount support plate.

Has that been changed also??
jaz240

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of the links work
the freeze

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello all I'm back from a very long weekend only slept 1 of the two nights very rough

I am happy to say that our ST project ran very nicely this weekend My motor and myself the driver I cant say the same though

I was very happy with the way the prototype ran here is a pic of it with the factory Pro body on it

the best way to describe the way the truck drove was EASY the truck felt very easy to drive it responded very well to inputs it flew very well through the air nice and level and was at home at both high speed cornering and tight turns
if i had to pick one area that was most noticeable difference was that it turned easier on power but honestly it felt very nice I however was unable to do well with it I had to many problems with other things not chassis related mostly motor and I am not a pro class driver I am very confident now that this truck will help me be faster

however I did give the ranes to a very fast and awesome Hobao driver to give it a whirl and his first response was that it seemed to carve better thru the turns I am going to set up a strict testing day to compare the original truck with this new BCE setup truck so we can figure out a good base line setup and get some acurate real feedback
but personaly I loved it

Now remember we have a few small tweeks that we need to make yet on the truck and chassis but we are getting real close heck even Bill is chompin at the bit now I get at least a email a day from him so here is a few more pics to show you what we have done but there will be much more info to come very soon

here is a pic of our new 46 tooth buggy spur gear setup

thats right I said 46 tooth

yes we are running a 46 tooth spur gear and a 14 tooth clutch bell and getting the same final drive gearing as the stock truck which allows us to drop the center diff down furthe for a closer center of gravity and also allows us to bring the radio tray and motor in tighter to get the weight more centered and also this drops weight from the truck by removing the clunky center brace and a lighter spur gear for less rotational mass
we acheive this by using kyosho STRR front and rear diff's and pinions which changes are gearing to allow us to use a smaller spur gear not only that but the kyosho diffs are lighter and they use a much better gasket system so no tiny o ring to loose or tear or just plain leak on you and they drop right in with only 2 small easy to find shims
inside your bulkheads plus the ring and pinnions are made from chromoly steel and best of all a simple clutch bell change to a 13 tooth or a 15 tooth does not cause such a radical final drive gearing change
I have 2 complete race weekends so far utilizing this and it works great
this pic shows the spur gear on the bottom side of the chassis using the stock ST diff posts bolted right to the BCE chassis and if you want to raise the diff a hair (about 2mm) use the hyper 7 posts and it should allow you to use a 47 or 48 tooth center diff if you want but not needed

also here is a pic of the great new stone guards actually protecting the hyper 8/8.5 radio box

and it even actually protects the exhaust pipe on the other side I will post pics of that hopefully tomorow and much more news and I'll show you even more neet stuff we have up our sleeve this week

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR PATIENCE we just want to make sure this thing is perfect and that it really does work GREAT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Jump to: