FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Chassis flex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JBerry4242

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Chassis flex Reply with quote

I have a Mutilater that I put the Mugen suspension on with the Jammin big bores and I've been the one of the fastest at every track I've been to, but with the chassis having a season on it I can't keep clutch bells in it because of the chassis flex. Will the Jammin chassis braces cure this or is there a engine brace for the Mutilater? Does anyone else have or had this problem? I did see a Mutilater with a brace from the front to the rear shock tower to cure this problem, but I don't want the weight up that high because of the center of gravity on it. Any ideas?
DJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have the first chassis on the Mutilator since when it first came out, actually before that as a test car, and still have not replaced it yet. I even had to cut out some of the chassis to make the engine sit lower, but not have had any issuses with the clutch bells or a twisting chassis. I do how ever have the alum chassis braces so that probably helping alot.
discgolferlee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where at and how much are the aluminum chassis braces to fit mutilator. are they mutilator specific,from a different ofna car or are you guys modifying some to fit this truck. thanks
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

part no. fo the braces is 49015 they come from the 9.5 line and they are a direct bolt on.

http://nitrohouse.com/options_ofna_mutilator.htm
discgolferlee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone ever try making their own chassis braces or tryy to stiffen up the stock plastic ones somehow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: