FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
starting problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mdy120

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: starting problem Reply with quote

Ravager Force 28. My son was driving and we had the mixture a little rich. He stalled it when he hit a bump a little too hard and flipped over. When I tried to start it on the starter box the flywheel would not turn. I took the plug out and turned a few turns on the starter and it blew some fuel out. When I put the plug back in it would still lock up. I took the engine out and finally got the flywheel to turn and tried to make sure any excess fuel was out. Again on the starter box it will turn when the plug is out but when I put the plug in it locks up. Any advice on what I need to do?
DJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You maybe way too rich on the LSN, if the LSN is set at flush then turn it in a half a turn no more than that, if your HSN is still 3 1/2 turns out from closed then your stil at the break-in settings and would also need to lean the engine out and 1/8th of a turn in at a time till your acceleration get's aggressive, if your get too lean you will not have a fair amout of smoke when you hit the trigger, if the smoke comes a second after you hit the trigger that also is a sigh of to lean, the smoke should dissapate at a good rate, if you have too much smoke when you hit the trigger and the car is gurggling as you accelerate the LSN is too rich, the setting i gave you should be at it's best point.
mdy120

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the HSN at about 3 1/4 and the LSN flush; the carb idle a little to high I think also. Would changing those settings help me to get it to turn on the starter box or should I look inside to check the con rod, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: