FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
High Speed Curbing Action!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im shocked and IMPRESS'd by your lay'd back attitude.
All to often, "others" go to BIETCHIN about how its a POS for driving it into a curb.. :
mrd129

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the weather got less frigid, I've finally taken it out for a parking lot run. Still a total animal...My chassis is def a little tweaked, but it ran like a champ!!! Once, i can get it all re-tuned in during warmer days, I'll be back in shape.....Now i just need to find the best exhaust for it.....I've read a bunch of threads on here saying something about some JP pipe? That's a good direction to go?
mrd129

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a long while of piece by piece re-building the MBX...Here are some pics as an update for what she looks like now. I haven't really run it yet to re-tune it. Hopefully my days off, and nice weather will start getting to know one another again. LOL anyways...here goes:
sorry for the quality....I took the pics with my phone.

jaz240

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Best Crash Story ever Reply with quote

I was new to the hobby, never heard of throttle return springs, failsafe, or radio interference before, so I am running my brand new Ultra MBX in a parking lot. Had no idea about engine temps, too rich, to lean, just started it, and full speed all the way!! Well about 20 minutes into it, I lost my signal, car took off at WOT, and hit a curb at full speed with the engine temp about 300 degrees. ENTIRE CAR EXPLODED ON IMPACT AND BURST INTO FLAMES! I had cracked the gas tank on impact which threw gas all over my burning engine, and ignited the whole car. In the desert there is no water in parking lots, and no sand, or dirt nearby, so I just had to watch it burn to molted plastic. The only thing that survived were the 2 front tires. They hung my melted buggy at my LHS with a big sign that read, Don't let this happen to you. Learn before you burn!! LOL Very expensive lesson.
ucracing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first rc car was a ofna buggy been 10 years ago or so There was apark not far from my apt in houston. I wAS driving all over the place feilds everywhere. and really smooth road. I was very new to this.Was only the second nitro car I ever even touched. Total newb well I knew this car would fly it was real fast. So i decided to race a mustang that was leaving the park first 50 feet not to bad ,but when it hit that 8 inch wide crisote post I almost cried. I broke all four a arms and bent few more things thought I was going to be broke fixing that thing as I had never even looked at a part before. It was only $20 or so to fix it. was so happy and I never worried about braking it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: