FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
mutilator chassis options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

gewaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: mutilator chassis options Reply with quote

are there a aftermarket chassis for the mutilator? Why isn't the socal prt chassis available any more? Wll the jammin crt chassis cross match, is there atleast one other option other than stock?
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: mutilator chassis options Reply with quote

gewaun wrote:
are there a aftermarket chassis for the mutilator? Why isn't the socal prt chassis available any more? Wll the jammin crt chassis cross match, is there atleast one other option other than stock?

As far as I know there is no after market chassis

The Socal PRT chassis's were privately made and very limited editions, added to the fact that the maker seems to have gotten completly out of RC for the time being.

No the CRT chassis is not a cross match to the 9.5 based vehicles....
gewaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recieved a mutilator free from neighbor. Local track is closed to next year I realy want to race but I was told the mutilator was a lesser truggy. What are the top upgrades for the mutty. The previous owner upgraded twin titan arms and pbs setup but lost interest. The rest of the mutty is completely stock. Any race setup are upgrades info will help a lot.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gewaun wrote:
Recieved a mutilator free from neighbor. Local track is closed to next year I realy want to race but I was told the mutilator was a lesser truggy. What are the top upgrades for the mutty. The previous owner upgraded twin titan arms and pbs setup but lost interest. The rest of the mutty is completely stock. Any race setup are upgrades info will help a lot.

Well the PBS is by far the best thing you could do to it...Other than that, here is the list of Muti upgrades that ARE availble.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/options_ofna_mutilator.htm
gewaun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for quick response one final question . For the front and rear shock towers what will be my best option, should i go cnc or graphite.Your knowledge on which way to go for the radio tray ,front plate, and center diff plate cnc or graphite will help.
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer CNC towers and plates. With the PBS conversion on the Muti, it should be a good starter truggy, but if you really get into racing, you will probably want to upgrade to a more race bread truggy.
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't doubted to MUTE. if you look at the chassis the engine is far forward, now I can't tell if they intentionally desinged it that way to give it more sterring but man it drives pretty good, it was a lil bouncy with the stock shocks but I took care of that with some SBB's 16mm on blue springs and it takes care of that, and will be racing this more often.
hyperaddict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Mutilator prt chassis if you or anyone is interested. It is like new, I got into the Heli scene so I don't use it. It deserves a good home. There aren't many titanium chassis out there.
JBerry4242

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperaddict wrote:
I have a Mutilator prt chassis if you or anyone is interested. It is like new, I got into the Heli scene so I don't use it. It deserves a good home. There aren't many titanium chassis out there.
Do you still have the chassis?
hyperaddict

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I do. I'm split on if I want to keep it or not. Its a really sweet chassis.
JBerry4242

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperaddict wrote:
Yes I do. I'm split on if I want to keep it or not. Its a really sweet chassis.
I just got a new stock one today, but let me know if you want to get rid of it. Do you know if anybody sells this chassis and how much they run?
Judsonp2005

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mutilator is a race ready truggy. No need to get another. The mutilator competes with the best if your setup is right. LPR tires and rims, Big bore shocks, 10k 30k 3k diffs, Airtronics 94358 throttle and steering. Put in your choice of a quality engine and pipe and you can compete with any losi, kyosho, xray or muegen.
DJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way I raced mine on Sat. and it ran great, I had so many runs in before i wore our the center brake cap outdrives and had to change them before the race and the truck was good again, people come to look at it and think it's a jammin but when i say it's an Mutilator they give it a second look.

discgolferlee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that front shock tower cnc for a 9.5. I am wondering if all chassis parts from 9.5 are compatible with mutilator. I am looking at cnc chassis braces,cnc towers front and rear cnc front plate and a graphite radio tray maybe. I was just wondering if all those parts are compatible with 9.5. just looking for place to buy them now. nitrohuse doesn't seem to have front cnc shock towers for mutilator. thanks for any help
DJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cnc shock tower was not listed because the it's short two screws for the body mount but still stays together on the two screws as long as your not on your head all of the time, it's from the 9.5 buggy. Chassis braces rear cnc shock tower,rear toe adj plate,16mm big bore shocks,graphite radio tray,graphite front brace, and anti squate plate is what I have on my Mute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: