FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
CAN WE GET A HYPER ST STICKY SET UP THREAD?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

UNSTABLE

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question for you Nitro, when you say 20* C hubs, are you just using the Hyper 8 ones?

What is the main handling difference you notice using that and the longer top arm?

Cheers.
Dragonman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Robs set up Reply with quote

Hey Rob, Do you have a part number for the kyosho 50 T spur? and what diff is that on? I have a spider diff, it will not fit on it right?

Thanks in advance
chris coerper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob get back to work......Or tim will get u...LOL

Hey guys...1st post here...cool forum.
I was finally able to watch a main with rob running his ST....(normally I have been fixing my RC 8 AKA RC BREAK.....well no longer...went to LOSI 8ight then NOW to the tank hyper 8.5!!!!!!!!)

Anyway.....GUYS robs st was INSANE!!!! I wish i had one....it was on rails and handled the bumps like no other truggy!!!
TRY his set up i know you will not be upset!!!

Now i need to sell the losi 8-t and get me a hyper st ......BENDERIZED!!!!

LAter
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UNSTABLE wrote:
Another question for you Nitro, when you say 20* C hubs, are you just using the Hyper 8 ones?

What is the main handling difference you notice using that and the longer top arm?

Cheers.

No they are the same as the Hyper 7 front c-hubs, and since I broke mine last weekend, I've switched to the 22 degree c-hubs, and man does it turn. So for now, I'm going to leave the 22's on it...I think the 22's are now stock...

The longer upper arms allow for more chassis role, which will give a snappier steering response, but might be twitchy for some...
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Robs set up Reply with quote

Dragonman wrote:
Hey Rob, Do you have a part number for the kyosho 50 T spur? and what diff is that on? I have a spider diff, it will not fit on it right?

Thanks in advance

kyosho IFW325 is for the 48T (on my buggy)
kyosho IFW167 is for the 50T (on my truggy)
kyosho IFW168 is for the 52T

I'm sorry if I failed to mention that they will only fit the Kyosho, or Jammin diffs...
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris coerper wrote:
Hey Rob get back to work......Or tim will get u...LOL

Hey guys...1st post here...cool forum.
I was finally able to watch a main with rob running his ST....(normally I have been fixing my RC 8 AKA RC BREAK.....well no longer...went to LOSI 8ight then NOW to the tank hyper 8.5!!!!!!!!)

Anyway.....GUYS robs st was INSANE!!!! I wish i had one....it was on rails and handled the bumps like no other truggy!!!
TRY his set up i know you will not be upset!!!

Now i need to sell the losi 8-t and get me a hyper st ......BENDERIZED!!!!

LAter

Work, what's that...lol

Thanks Chris for the nice words...Welcome to the Ofna forums...I'm sure your banter will cause a few giggles here and there...
ole4x4

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
What's up with the CF shock towers and center diff brace? I know the aluminum shock towers are bulletproof but 8mm seems like overkill. Any idea on when the CF might be available.

Thanks.
j_blaze

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ordered a set of 5mm hyper 7 cf towers and they fit great, just have them for an emergency in case the aluminums actually damage in some way. i think i'll order a second set and double them up with some epoxy. i had a friend crack the cf on his kyosho today, it looks like the shock bent it back too far and cracked it. i've seen many cf towers crack here at lake park.
zeus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeus wrote:
Nitrohouse wrote:
Nitrohouse wrote:
My setup...

diffs: fr 10k, cen 10k, rear 2k...All standard diffs...
Super BB's: fr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.3 with 32.5-35 wt. Gray Springs
rr pistons are 3-1.2 and 3-1.4 with 35wt. Blue Springs
Shock position: fr upper second hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
rr upper third hole from outside, lower second hole from outside...
Front castor 20 degrees with upper arm spacers up front. Upper hole for front inner upper hinge pin. Outside hole on C-hub.
Rear Camber link second hole from bottom on tower, and inside hole on PCR +.5 degree rear uprights using the upper hinge pin hole.
Gearing 48T spur w/ 12T bell, Ofna LW alum clutch shoes...

Here are some changes I've made. They made a noticable difference in drivability, and lap times...

Tested the M2C 4-Shoe racing clutch. ** A MUST HAVE** IMO...With the Reg. Soft Shoes, and 2 .95 springs, and 2 1.0 springs (truggy setup only, the buggy setup uses different shoes and springs). Very nice setup. Short aproach triples are much easier now...

Shock oils: (pistons are the same) Front 35wt (could go to 37.5), and 37.5 in the rear(could go to 40).

Rear shock position change: On the rear arms I went from the 2nd hole from the outside, to the outermost hole. This didn't change my droop, and the truggy rotates alot better now...On the front shocks I moved the upper mount to the outter most hole, leaving the position on the arms at the second to outermost hole...

I've changed the center spur to a 50T Kyosho, and a 13T Ofna bell.

I'm also working on some graphite shock towers and center diff brace supports to take the weight down some...More to follow on these...

This is the best the truggy has handled to date. Lap times came down a full 2 seconds a laps from previous setup...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

Hey Nitro, can you post you setup of wheels ? standart/ offset , with or no extender? how much mm ? thanks !!
modracer0d

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: front hinge pins (upper) Reply with quote

This is not being talked about, where is the best spot in the pro top plate? there is an upper hole and lower hole, what should the change be reletive to each!

thanks much
Jon
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: front hinge pins (upper) Reply with quote

modracer0d wrote:
This is not being talked about, where is the best spot in the pro top plate? there is an upper hole and lower hole, what should the change be reletive to each!

thanks much
Jon

It changes the front roll center. I use the lower hole which will allow more chassis role. The upper hole doesn't allow as much chassis role, and I prefer the lower hole...
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ole4x4 wrote:
Rob,
What's up with the CF shock towers and center diff brace? I know the aluminum shock towers are bulletproof but 8mm seems like overkill. Any idea on when the CF might be available.

Thanks.

Not sure. Everyone is soo busy just haven't had a chance to follow up on it...
ole4x4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information. I look forward to hearing an update on these parts. Thanks for all the help. It looks like this season will be even better than last season. I finished 2nd in the Fall points series with the RTR the Pro should be even better.

B.
stiffler298

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, do you have a set up sheet filled out for this? I'm building now and would llike to get it set up right from the get go. Or if Chris is using your setup then I can get it from him.
chris coerper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stiff.................

I run a rear weird(light diff oil) set-up with mine......
That was with the os .21.....
it was 5 frnt...4 spinder center and 1 rear.....

Now i need to change it....

Got the new GRP .28 with pipe combo.....

Brreaking it in.....179 deg and its so fast and snappy it just diffs out.

I am going to go to 10 frnt.....4 spider.....2 rear.....

That should help(i hope)

That motor is INSANE..........had a NINJA .28 before.(other truggy)

DO NOT let anyone tell you that is the same motor it is not...no way..

This thing at 175-180 is so much faster that the ninja was at 245...

also this is with the 14 tooth bell.

If you get a chance to get one try it out!!!

See ya tomorrow????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper ST Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: