FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
tech question on rc cars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

robbie21mma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: tech question on rc cars Reply with quote

im wanting a really fast rc car something with an aftermarket motor, and geared for top speed i also want something i can put street tires on and drive it in a parking lot on weekends and also have fun off road in football fields and so on but i am looking into purchasing the ravenger and a force .32 engine from ofna and changing the clutch bell from a stock 13 tooth to like a 17 tooth do you think that would do the trick? i think with stock gearing and that aftermarket motor it would spin too much and the bigger motor dosent have the higher rpm thats why im thinking a 17 or 18 tooth clucth bell instead of the stock 13 tooth so it will stop the wheel spin and pull that gearing for fast acceleration and top speed??? or would you suggest something different???
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: tech question on rc cars Reply with quote

robbie21mma wrote:
im wanting a really fast rc car something with an aftermarket motor, and geared for top speed i also want something i can put street tires on and drive it in a parking lot on weekends and also have fun off road in football fields and so on but i am looking into purchasing the ravenger and a force .32 engine from ofna and changing the clutch bell from a stock 13 tooth to like a 17 tooth do you think that would do the trick? i think with stock gearing and that aftermarket motor it would spin too much and the bigger motor dosent have the higher rpm thats why im thinking a 17 or 18 tooth clucth bell instead of the stock 13 tooth so it will stop the wheel spin and pull that gearing for fast acceleration and top speed??? or would you suggest something different???

The Rav is a decent enough buggy, pretty tough. I think you would be better off with a high RPM engine like a 21 sized GO or a Picco than a 32 force. the 21's will usually deliver better performance on buggies than a 32 cause they are lighter, have a higher RPm and will use less fuel.

If you go higher on the CB count your going to do it at the cost of acceleration. Yes your top end will improve but it will take a little longer to get there.

Why are you wanting to be so fast???? If your new to nitro RC's, a the stock 13 tooth @ 40-45mph is plenty fast enough if your tuned right to hit those speeds. More speed just means less control for a newbie...Besides Flat out runs like that are not good for your engine, they are a very quick ticket to a thrown con-rod...
robbie21mma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not a newb, im just asking some questions, i have a novirossi .21 modded by jim hottinger in a jammin pro kit and it is fast but i was talking to a buddy of mine that is building the car i was questioning about and he finished it and broke it in today he called me and told me about it while im at work and he is workin on his at his home, he said the bigger engines .30 and .32 do make more hp but at a lower rpm so he geared his ravenger to run at the optimal rpm......... the .21's do run fast at high rpm but less low end torque and only all high rpm power pretty much, he put in a racers edge sure fire .32 and the stock gearing is a 13 tooth clutch bell and 47 tooth spur gear so he swiched the stock clutch bell from a 13 tooth to a 19 tooth......... the .32 makes alot more power then the .21's but only during mid range rpm not high rpm they lose their power at high rpm and .21's makes better power at high rpm, my buddy explained its kinda like a inline 4 cylinder car and a v-8 car the high output 4 cylinder revs higher and has higher hp at 8,000 rpm but dosent have near as much hp or torque as a v-8 but the v-8 looses power at 8,00rpm it makes all its power are 5,500 rpm........ the .21's are like 2.6@40,000rpm instead of the .32 3.6@ 32,000........ anyways now he says he is taking advantage of the huge amounts of torque, you see most people buy a powerful bigblock for their monster truck to pull the weight of the monster truck but he put the bigblock in a 1/8 buggy ofna ravenger to use all that torque to pull the gearing aka 19 tooth clutch bell, kinda like a stock engine corvette taking off in 1st gear and a corvette with nos takin off in 3rd, since the nos corvette has enough power to pull off a 3rd gear start and not bog it will use its excessive power to get more speed cuz a corvette with nos taking off in 1st you would just spin all day so he said its all in how you gear those bigblocks to use the huge amounts of torque and hp at their lower rpm
robbie21mma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just raced!!!!!!!!!!!!!me and my buddy just raced i have a jammin buggy with a modded .21 novarossi and he put a .32 in his ravenger and he smoked me bad it wasnt even close and i usually outrun most everybody, so we moved to a parking lot at the high school by his house and i pulled out my traxxas 4tec 3.3 2 speed oh yeah 70+ out the box and he put his street tires and wheels on his ravenger and said come get some lol dude we went from a roll, and from 0 to top speed he made my 4 tec 3.3 look like it was going backwards he smoked me on take off and from a roll he smoked me on top speed........ i guess he knows what he was talking about, he is a diesel tech at a dealership but i didnt think his method would work on rc cars but he proved me way wrong............ i guess 30% nitro in a .32 engine in a ravenger with a 19 tooth clucth bell makes some freakin magic dude that thing is geared perfect for the pullin power of that motor its insane i would run that car against almost anything considering what it did against my cars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: