FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Diff Locker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager
View previous topic :: View next topic  

dietryin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Diff Locker Reply with quote

Hey I am building an aluminum center diff locker for a school project and I am wondering if I should use one pin in the center or two? Or will this locker completely destroy my plastic diff cup? My friend bought one off maximizer for his savage (rear diff) and hasn't had any problems with it. However he has alloy diff cups. So any advice would be great. Thanks
jokat989

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: ya Reply with quote

chanses ar that the pins will rip open thw diff case so you should get a aluminum 1
dietryin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get alloy diff cups? and could I use only one pin? or do I have to use two?
Kelby_green

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant see why you would want to lock the center diff!!! they lock the front and rear ones so its proper 4wd but locking the center your steering will be to poop i think.

also if you lock the center diff wouldn't it lock up when you back the throttle and just tear your gears up?? just a guess but i would think it would stop it from rolling and it will be like a car stuck in gear with no clutch peddle
dietryin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the locker will make my turning suck but I can adjust it with the sway bars. The main reason I want a locker is because when I give it some gas the front tires spin all around the track.
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dietryin wrote:
I know the locker will make my turning suck but I can adjust it with the sway bars. The main reason I want a locker is because when I give it some gas the front tires spin all around the track.

Have you tried varying the center diff oil thickness???
The front tires spinning and having no traction is a symptom of the oil (or grease) in the center diff being too thin for the conditions.

Put some 7000 or 10000 in the center to take some of that front power and transfer it to the rear...
dietryin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I will try to put some heavier oil in there and give it a try, but I gotta wait a while until I get a new carb body.
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradoxmaker wrote:
dietryin wrote:

Have you tried varying the center diff oil thickness???
The front tires spinning and having no traction is a symptom of the oil (or grease) in the center diff being too thin for the conditions.

Put some 7000 or 10000 in the center to take some of that front power and transfer it to the rear...

This is exactly what I'd recommend...
breathing nitro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my rav i run 7000,10000.2000 front ,center,rear the front wheel spin is limited and it still turns well.the stock .28 motor has too much torque for a buggy in my opinion,causing all that wheel spin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ravager All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: