FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
CARB SETTINGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Blazer SST
View previous topic :: View next topic  

brakkie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: CARB SETTINGS Reply with quote

Hi Everyone.

Can someone please help????

I have a Blazer with a 26 Picco engine. the problem is that it's running irraticly at the bottom end and also smokes alot. If I accellerate quickly it almost sounds as if the engine get's too much fuel.

I tried to "Lean" it out but then the engine doesn't run that well. Does this mean the motor is stuffed?????

Can anyone tell me exactly how to tune the engine to run well??? If I keep the revs high I don't have any problems. But the bottom range is crappy....

Please Help!!!!

Brakkie...

PS!!!! Can someone tell me the torque settings on the cooling head in Nm???
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much fuel has been through the engine? What fuel and plug are you using? As for torquing it down...I don't have a torque gauge, but I just tighten things down as tight as I can go.
brakkie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Well, it's hard to say, I bought the truck second hand and don't know the history. Why would this be important? I am using 25% feul and not sure what plug it's using.

Thanks
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engines, once they have had enough, i.e. are ready for a new piston and sleeve, need a pinch, or have just plain had it, will start to run irradical and inconsistent. Chances are that the engine is ready to be replaced or repaired. Remember, people don't get rid of good engines that they like, they typically get rid of engines for a reason.
brakkie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Yah, I know what you mean but I'm not really convinced that the engine needs re-sleeving. The compression is still very high and the engine is reliable. It never just stoped on me. I'm sure it's just a setting.

Anyway, just a word of advice. It's dangerous to tighten the had bolts too much. With the heat the head expands and if the bolts are tightened to the ultimate stress limit, it can break with the expansion of the head. You could reason that the head and the bolts are both expanding becxause both are heating up but one must remember that the bolts are made from different material (Steel) than the head (alluminium). This is an important point to remember due to the different expansion co-efficients.

Dont want to get to technical, all I'm saying is that there need to be a certain torque setting that one can use and no one can tell me what it is yet everyone is doing head replacements quite often.

Anyway, thanks for the chat, Let me know what you think,

Regards, Brakkie
digeedee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

screw u i think he is smarter than u you are asking a really stupid question yes a stupid question. and you are a noooooooooob
Magseal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as one who heats and cools dissimiliar metal parts alot for fitting as part of my job, I will agree with you on the different expansion properties....but the parts are alot stronger than you think. nothing is going to break........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Blazer SST All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: