FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Dominator diff shims

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

oligoli

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Dominator diff shims Reply with quote

Hello folks
I have an Dominator actually 2, my question is with regards to shimming the diffs mainly the rear. I have had many articles on the process and benefits. When I climb a steep hill and punch the fuel the truck seems to make a clicking noise for a split second, is this the diff slipping or the center diff with a slipper clutch I do have the cnc diffs and have packed the REAR ends with Ofna 120,000 diff lock silicone. Has anyone shimmed the diff and seen any results? I have read its best to shim the small pinion gear behind the bearing, with one or two shims to desired liking, any suggestions for materials or parts used for these shims? Any
help would be greaty appreciated
YUCK

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think THIS is the shim kit I used.
The clicking noise IS the pinion gear skipping on the ring gear and if you keep it up, you'll strip them. The cnc diffs are an excellent upgrade, the cnc diffs have 4 bolts to hold the ring gear on and the stockers have 2. BUT if the cnc diffs aren't shimmed correctly you'll still strip the teeth off the pinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: