FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Just Jammin CRT.5 Mini . . Talk!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

wheelhead4x4

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read in another post that 8scale clutch parts will fit, havent tried it yet where my bell and clutch is all good.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mxr

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right i just ordered a jammin 15 tooth vented clutch bell and the guy told that they are the same than for the 1/8 in any brands .
So one other cool feature about the crt5 !
TMacGasman

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble w/ .5 front kingpins. Bettin this has been covered in 24 pages of chat, but couldn't get thru it all to check.
After my last outing, the front kingpin screws had loosened. When I tried to run em back in, found they had stripped the threaded inserts. If drive while loose, I guess it strips the inserts....still not sure why. I loaded up on the Locktite, & ran the screws back in to get thru raceday. Problem w/ too much Locktite was then trying to get the screws back out to replace the different pieces....excess built up so screw couldn't slip out of outer sleeve. Unscrewing simply pushed threaded insert down into the U-joint's space. Was a pain to extract....had to "pull" the threaded inserts out after removing spindle.
Replaced inserts & screws recently, but strange results in "do not overtighten" the screws. Just barely snugging them up really restricted movement of spindles. I went really light on Locktite this time. Just barely sinched them up, & decided to let Locktite dry overnight before turning spindle. If you flex spindle right after inserting, that backs out the screws. Basically glueing those screws in place just barely tightened, & prayin that they will stick, & not back out once racing.
God, crappy engineering. Any one else been there? If so, whats the trick to getting them tight enough to hold but not restrict spindle movement? Thx in advance. BTW, great jugs on icons !!!
TMacGasman......a first timer
wheelhead4x4

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that stinks. I have had my .5 for 4months and had no problems like that havent had any of those screws backing out maybe it just my luck of the irsh. And i have replaced both knuckles and king pins in both. I used the pase locktite so maybe thats it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mxr

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had once a king pin screw that left the car but just a little thread lock on all of them solved the pbs and it never happened again .
I guess that with the RTR it has to be done when the car is new in order to not have further pbs there later on .
DJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like some want to do some .5 racing at Hot Rods again, I'm down for that so I'll be heading out there on Sat to race so if your interest to race your mini go to Hot Rod this Sat.
EBay_CRT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ wrote:
Looks like some want to do some .5 racing at Hot Rods again, I'm down for that so I'll be heading out there on Sat to race so if your interest to race your mini go to Hot Rod this Sat.

What time? I'm going to the Nats to check it out, but I'll be down to race the mini....
DJ

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racing at Hot Rods starts at 5pm and you could call in to pre-reg if your racing then your practice is free you just pay for your racing fee I'll be there around 3pm
brandonb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMacGasman

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:51 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trouble w/ .5 front kingpins. Bettin this has been covered in 24 pages of chat, but couldn't get thru it all to check.
After my last outing, the front kingpin screws had loosened. When I tried to run em back in, found they had stripped the threaded inserts. If drive while loose, I guess it strips the inserts....still not sure why. I loaded up on the Locktite, & ran the screws back in to get thru raceday. Problem w/ too much Locktite was then trying to get the screws back out to replace the different pieces....excess built up so screw couldn't slip out of outer sleeve. Unscrewing simply pushed threaded insert down into the U-joint's space. Was a pain to extract....had to "pull" the threaded inserts out after removing spindle.
Replaced inserts & screws recently, but strange results in "do not overtighten" the screws. Just barely snugging them up really restricted movement of spindles. I went really light on Locktite this time. Just barely sinched them up, & decided to let Locktite dry overnight before turning spindle. If you flex spindle right after inserting, that backs out the screws. Basically glueing those screws in place just barely tightened, & prayin that they will stick, & not back out once racing.
God, crappy engineering. Any one else been there? If so, whats the trick to getting them tight enough to hold but not restrict spindle movement? Thx in advance. BTW, great jugs on icons !!!
TMacGasman......a first timer

i Had the same Problem! someone told me to take a knife and make sure there wasnt a bur causing the problem. what i had to do was tighten the bottom one first then just snugg the top and let set so the lock tight cured before racing, havent had a problem by doing that. I also have switched to the cnc knuckles. had to do the same with them.

only thing i can figrue out is that the bushing needs to be a touch longer so the screw head when tightend down doesnt lock up the steering. hope that helps and mybe someone else has a fix for this
TMacGasman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Problem: run 6 or 8 tanks thru stock Jammin12 Force engiine. Once run 1/4 tank or so, & nice n warm, idle speed drops and engiine dies first chance upon slowing. On bench, crank up idle speed when already warm, but occasionally drops idle speed & dies shortly after. Sealed carb w/ silicone @ base & on ends of cinchdown screw. Other buddies having same problem. OFNA sd probably air leak, but everything so new, I doubt it. One way bearing on pull starter is hit/miss. Buddy sd probable rearcrank bearing leak causing air leak & one-way to hit/miss. OFNA sd one-way actually works better when lubed, so slight leak would actually help one-way. He sd dry bearing is more likely to hit/miss. OFNA guessed leak in tank, & bad one-way....replace.
Anyway, had a couple of experienced nitro guys try to solve, but both are scratchin heads.
Guesses ??????????? Thx for any help.
"Bummed on Nitro"
mxr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First part broken ! after one whole gallon in the car i managed to snap the right front turnbuckle ! metal seem's to be too hard to bend so it snap's so i ordered the whole set with all the hingepins from lunsford in titanium that one Finish retailer just received , i will get it tomorrow and i should never have any more pbs there .
My stepbrother managed to brake one of the rear dogbone after 5 tanks non stop on the track , i guess it's a good test as it was his first ever driving cession on the track and he amazed a lot of guys with his car .
Landy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMacGasman wrote:
New Problem: run 6 or 8 tanks thru stock Jammin12 Force engiine. Once run 1/4 tank or so, & nice n warm, idle speed drops and engiine dies first chance upon slowing. On bench, crank up idle speed when already warm, but occasionally drops idle speed & dies shortly after. Sealed carb w/ silicone @ base & on ends of cinchdown screw. Other buddies having same problem. OFNA sd probably air leak, but everything so new, I doubt it. One way bearing on pull starter is hit/miss. Buddy sd probable rearcrank bearing leak causing air leak & one-way to hit/miss. OFNA sd one-way actually works better when lubed, so slight leak would actually help one-way. He sd dry bearing is more likely to hit/miss. OFNA guessed leak in tank, & bad one-way....replace.
Anyway, had a couple of experienced nitro guys try to solve, but both are scratchin heads.
Guesses ??????????? Thx for any help.
"Bummed on Nitro"

I have same problems.

If tank is full engine is too rich and if tank is bellow half its too lean. Engine temp change from 90Celsius to 130Celcius between full tank and 1/4 tank. Few Buggy guys try to adjust the engine without suggess.
wheruat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone seems like things have slowed down on the CRT.5 Well i just got a CRT.5 and was wondering if anyone has some TIP's and TRICK's that can help me out. Been reading the past post and learned alot. Also are people still racing these bad boyz? Hit me up would like to start taking this thing to the track someday. I live down the street from Crystal Park was wondering if anyone down for a session one of these days or i can travel to Rev or Peg.?? If they are still around. thx in advance for some TIPPERS
DJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when the spring comes we head over to Hot Rod hobbies to do some club racing with our .5's we have a lil group that goes out and runs right now and every once in while I sooth over to Rev to run it but the track might be a lilttle brutal right now it requires some good timing on the track.
wheruat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ- Thx for the reply was hoping you would chime in since it seems that your the MAN with this bad boys. Well i just picked up this truck last week from Speed Shop in Lawndale. Mario built the car but never drove it. I will upload some pix of the truck tonite. So is NitroHouse the only people still carrying parts for this guy? Hit me up when you guys go out to play im willing to drive down to have some fun. This truck is so much fun im pretty much a electric guy but once i got this truck ive been having way to much fun with it. Thx again for replying let me know if you got some tricks for this truck!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23
Jump to: