FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Just Jammin CRT.5 Mini . . Talk!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mxr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Slight lean out problem Reply with quote

Wildbill wrote:
mxr wrote:
Wildbill wrote:
Hey all,
I have the rtr crt.5 with the jammin motor and have a question as to what would make it lean out slightly when it gets to a 1/4 tank of fuel left?

Thanks,
Bill

just use a longer fuel pressure line (from the exhaust to the tank) and it should solve your pbs , i had the same with mine and 5 cm more of pressure line solved it.

What worked real well was to shorten the fuel line to the motor to about 2 and half inches. It now stays the same through the whole tank. This worked on several trucks at our track with many different motors.
Now the problem seems to be the front camber links, every truck this week broke them, the plastic where the tie rod screws in either splits or snaps off at the eyelet. Man I can't wait for the pivot ball conversion to get here. Thanks for your reply mxr.

Bill

Hey Bill
As you have the Jammin engine on yours , i just started tu run in mine and i have heard about them getting worn out in about one gallon or so ?
How much have you run yours so far ?
That the only worry that i have with the engine,aside that the little engine seem's to be a quite strong performer and running in goes quite fine .
Wildbill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Slight lean out problem Reply with quote

mxr wrote:

Hey Bill
As you have the Jammin engine on yours , i just started to run in mine and i have heard about them getting worn out in about one gallon or so ?
How much have you run yours so far ?
That the only worry that i have with the engine, aside that the little engine seems to be a quite strong performer and running in goes quite fine .

I have almost a gallon through mine and still runs great, In my opinion I think people are tuning them to lean to get top end out of them like the other motors, at 29,000 max rpm this little motor is not a top end motor but the bottom end is very stout. I broke it in at temps of 205 to 225 and have it tuned to 187 to 195 and it runs perfect. I don't keep up on the long straits but run them over in the turns.

Bill
DJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right guys heading up to Hot Rod hobbies again this week to race the CRT.5 and buggy, so if you feel like getting you mini on head on down there I should be there around 1:00pm.
Gt-bone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap! I just ran the mini truggy on a pretty rough track and was very suprised at how well this thing drives. I was trailing a couple of losi 8s and they didnt really even open the gap on me. It likes to bottom out alot on the bumpy parts but thats to be expected. I put 60wt. in the front and 40 in the back shocks. I just wish I knew what diff oil this thing (bought it off ebay) has in it so I could duplicate it when I rebuild em. VERY happy with it and alot of people were impressed.
mxr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gt-bone wrote:
holy crap! I just ran the mini truggy on a pretty rough track and was very suprised at how well this thing drives. I was trailing a couple of losi 8s and they didnt really even open the gap on me. It likes to bottom out alot on the bumpy parts but thats to be expected. I put 60wt. in the front and 40 in the back shocks. I just wish I knew what diff oil this thing (bought it off ebay) has in it so I could duplicate it when I rebuild em. VERY happy with it and alot of people were impressed.

In our track here in Finland i am the first one to have a CRT.5 and everyone is impressed by how well this little one drives ,i had one guy ruining his MP777 truying to get away from me ,and this things jumps so well . lot of people here are now more and more interested in getting one also .
wheelhead4x4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gt-bone wrote:

Hate to say told you so. So I wont. Well Bone great to hear u had a bast at the track sorry I miss u but had to pick up the kid. Maybe now u will run at more were u had a bast doing so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mxr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ wrote:
All right guys heading up to Hot Rod hobbies again this week to race the CRT.5 and buggy, so if you feel like getting you mini on head on down there I should be there around 1:00pm.

Hi DJ
What do you think about thoses people who bought the RTR and are saying that the jammin engine died afetr a gallon or so ?
Mine has only seen 4/5 tanks and i am getting a little worried about what i read on some forum's saying that the engine will not last more than more or less a gallon ...
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell you how long they will last but I have seen engines sent in with bad tune settings and the engine is completly shot, now I have one but not have really raced it other than my good engine going out at a race and had to change it to the Jammin and then engine ran great for what it had to do for 20min straight and at the end of racing the engines temp was 270 and still in good condition and still have to this day as a backup.
wheelhead4x4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a rtr with the Jammin.12 and gone thu 1/2 gal. and havent seen any loss in power.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mxr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOUAWWWWWWW
I went today to the track for the first time with the crt5 ,all the guys that were laughing at it thinking that it would never be able to even run one lap have now another thought about it ,even with the rtr engine that thing run's great ,just have to feed it with fuel and that's all it take to have a great afternoon of fun ,i had also my RC10GT with me and i did not even start it as i was having so much fun with the Jammin .
I think that next step will be a more powerfull engine (RB i would think) but i don't even see the use of getting hop up's for it as that thing run's great just like that ,i was able to put lap's as fast as all the 1/8 buggy's !
I really love that little thing .
mxr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I need to have an answer, i have the RTR version and i am getting a bump start engine to go a little faster on the track,what starter box goes with the crt5 ? The mini or any starter box for 1/8 would be fine ?
wheelhead4x4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well for starter boxes i would get one of these. Were they are for the crt.5

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_52/products_id/12592
mxr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelhead4x4 wrote:
Well for starter boxes i would get one of these. Were they are for the crt.5

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_23_52/products_id/12592

I know about that starter box as said in my question ,the question i have is if a 1/8 universal starter box would also do the job as fine as this one ,might want to have something else like a 1/8 buggy/truggy and i don't want to purchase 2 starter box's as i have allready one for my on road car's and my RC10GT
wheelhead4x4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use a universal starter box were thats what i have. But I do want the mini one for the 5
mxr

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So i just have ordered from tower's the Ofna mini starter box and as i was there i ordered a OS18TZ ,i hope thet i will not be too powerfull for the car ,i plan on gearing the clutch bell to 14 or 15 to calm the engine at low revs .
What clutch bell fits on the 5 ? can any 1/8 clutch bell do or do i need to gat a specific clutch bell ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 21 of 23
Jump to: