FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
OFNA Titan Full Option
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: OFNA Titan Full Option Reply with quote

Here is my original OFNA Titan (Hong Nor Megalith) found under the tree on Christmas 2001 as of yesterday. I left the body and wheels stock to contrast with the Deluxe and Twin Titans I'm working on. Truck is complete and runs, but TiN coated CVA bones, Titanium Upper Spine Brace, and cooling head are "coming soon" which means in 2007.

Installed are my original DUH Engineering titanium skids which adds more caster in the front (front tower is canted back). Almost every screw has been replaced with stainless to prevent rust from snow. Two speed transmission has been upgraded with steel gears and 4 shoe Supermaxx flywheel and aluminum clutch shoes.

All known Hong Nor Racing Option Parts have been installed, orange CNC upper brace mounts, orange CNC shock spring retainers, orange CNC lower skid braces, and even orange CNC complete arm set, RARE never imported to USA. Front pillow balls are 6mm x 14mm Titanium. Dual disc brakes, high torque steering servo, and adjustable servo saver are stock.

Shocks, standoffs, and springs are Supermaxx. Shock towers are my DUH Engineering titanium design with multiple positions.

Lower braces are my Duh Engineering titanium design that eliminate weak rod ends, increase ground clearance, and stiffen chassis.

Bulkless diff housings are stock and provide adjustable roll center front and rear. Installed is my DUH Engineering CNC titanium and aluminum complete hinge pin holder kit. Note the e-clip lower pins have been upgraded with mugen pro threaded lower pins.

Diff housings have a very secure connection with skids because of 6 tabs that lock them into position and sturdy 4mm screws. Installed are Maximizer 7075 diff cups with shimmed stock 6 spider diffs. Note CNC titanium ackerman bar.

Latest improvements were CNC titanium lower pin holder that accept Mugen pro threaded pins. Chassis is my Duh Engineering titanium design, one of three in the world. Battery is dying I'm add more details later :)

Wookiee528

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That thing is pretty. I even like the orange color. How much would something like that run?
socalbash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooooa DUDE .. thats the sickest stock -non twin TITAN ive ever seen.

Hell I even think the ORANGE stuff works well ...

Nice job 0700

Thats a sick beast!
Kmot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Eric, whatup?

Man, I agree with socal that thing is sick sick sick! Looks like one of my shelf queens, lol. You ain't gonna run it and scratch it all up are ya'??
socalbash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ... Eric ... RUN? LOL ROFLMAO ....

I was amazed he even had a nitro engine to bolt in that thing!!!

I got $5 says hes got NO glow plugz .... hehehehe

PS - Eric - nitro engines will NOT - I repeat will NOT run on Titanium particles.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom,

Steve called it, I don't even have plugs, after your own heart, I hope I motivate you to get yours togther....I've got 4 more trucks coming after this....
Kmot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four more trucks to build? Sweet!

I have mine on a roster. It'll get done.
socalbash

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's got 4 more trucks to take pics of - they are all "almost" done and sicker than sick!

This Orange beast is just teh tip of the SICKNESS Iceberg.

Erics Titans and Hybrids are THE pimpest on planet earth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other trucks just need engines/servos/bodies.....and a few turnbuckles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weight is exactly 13lb 13oz without fuel and battery, considering what just the tires weigh, this is pretty good. Arms added lots of weight but couldn't pass on such rarity. I've got a Twin Titan with plastic arms, but aluminum wheels that I expect to be 16lb RTR.

Length and width are exactly the same as Supermaxx Thunder with setbacks and .5" offset wheels. I'll get more pics when the spine and TiN cvds come in.

BTW, I made just 3 of these kits and one got returned and is available
womsley

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have mailed you RE parts.

nice pictures - nice truck.

hoping to finish its twin brother soon!
womsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:16 am    Post subject: Still waiting on that brace Reply with quote

Finally managed to get some shots taken (although nowhere upto the quality of yours 0700)

Click here

I've obviously still gotta sort the wiring and at the minute when I touch the brakes the thing does a forward roll!!

New Spektrum Radio gear arriving soon so it will be back in bits to get that fitted into the radio trays. Should also allow me to set the stop points for the servo and sort the brakes.

When it's got all it's parts (ahem! 0700) I'll get some decent shots taken and update. Awaiting Ti CVD bones and centre brace.

Twin to follow once I've got the Spektrum stuff fitted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should let me get you some chrome springs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy - UE has more chrome springs!!

Well, one year later, the ti spine came in, CNR carbon brakes.

womsley

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the chrome springs stiffer/softer than the whites?

I've been running the Ti Twin over Christmas break with some great results. Got a pair of STS .28s on it and the 2 speed shimmed to perfection. Hits top gear across the field and it's practically flying.
Have also been running it in single speed mode as well which certainly makes it easier to handle in the smaler bashing spots and the track.
I did manage to shear two bolt heads where the spine brackets meet the top plate into the centre trans mounts. Caused me some grief getting the threads removed from the rods - I've replaced them with Ti bolts now so hopefully they won't shear off again...

I'm waiting for a new Spektrum receiver for the shorty (had to steal the first one for my project Duh-minator) but other than that it's ready to go
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Titan All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: