FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
plzz help with my steering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

diblysound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: plzz help with my steering Reply with quote

plzz help i have recently bought a ultra lx1 and am having problems with my steering it is very slow and sometimes when i drive it it veers off to the left even when im not driving it the wheels just wont move i have replased the batteries and still no difference i got it wet when i was driving it could that be the problem???
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: plzz help with my steering Reply with quote

diblysound wrote:
plzz help i have recently bought a ultra lx1 and am having problems with my steering it is very slow and sometimes when i drive it it veers off to the left even when im not driving it the wheels just wont move i have replased the batteries and still no difference i got it wet when i was driving it could that be the problem???

Well the biggest reasons for slow steering are:

Binding/rubbing suspension parts
Low batteries
or
underpowered steering servo.

if your still stock, the stock steering servos suck. A 1/8th buggy really needs a servo of at least 120 oz of torque minimum.

If your using 4 rechargeable batteries in the 4AA pack then your seriously under powering the servos also. Rechargeable batteries are only 1.2v (1.2 x 4 = 4.8v) vs alkalines which are 1.5v (1.5v x 4 = 6v). if your going to use rechargeable you really need to go to a 5 cell hump batter pack to get the 6v that you really need.

The Binding is just something you'll have to look for. Remove the servo arm and work the suspension and steering side to side and see if anything is rubbing. The suspension should move and steer freely with little resistance (other than from the shocks).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: