FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Breaking cvas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Blazer SST
View previous topic :: View next topic  

skyman2005

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Breaking cvas Reply with quote

I'm still using my set of rc alloys 102mm dogbones, have never popped out under the most extreme bashing. I will give you all the info needed to correct issue.

102mm end to end rc alloys dogbones, 2 HPI drive axles part # 86065 I think, it's the wheel axles from the savage, one side is counterclockwise threaded and the other is clockwise threaded, you can use either one you want. Also, you will need a set of 8x16x4mm bearings to give you abit more room for the wheel hex's, then you can run t-maxx, savage style wheels/tire which I have on my blazer or you can get 14 to 17 mm adapters and reuse the ofna blazer tire combo.

This works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am still on my first set of bones and we try to break stuff.

Socalbash, I know you have tried this and had no luck, I think now I must have not explained myself correctly, but if you use the above, you will have no more cva problems and I believe it makes the front stronger, as I have yet to break anything up front
mrpj1972

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did you handle the rear, since your now runnin the 14mm up front? i had to order one more set of replacement bones, cause i dont have the $$ to afford your set-up at this time. but i will be going that route next time round.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
socalbash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to see your return skyman ...

I kinda felt like ya ran off and left us hangin on the other forum.

I tried your parts recommendations ... or so i thought.

You mention "adapters" ... those savage axles on those parts are 6 mm arent they?

What adapters precisely are you referring to - to get to 17mm.

Why do the Savage units hold the bones in and the ofna stockers dont ?

Its been so long ago now - that i dont even recall what the issue was and why the HPI parts werent working, but it was a major snafu. I still have them HPI axles in my pit box ... LOL I stumbled across em this weekend.

PICTURES .... Pictures..... pictures ......
skyman2005

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Breaking cva'z Reply with quote

The Hpi part has a very long slot for the dogbone to slid @ in, no way the bone will come out. I used the same in the rear, 102mm bones and the same setup as the front, I wish I knew how to post pics here, you would all see what I did. The 14mm and 17 mm I refer to is the wheel hex types you can now run. You will now have a 14mm setup and if you wanted to go back to your buggy tires, you would need an adapter to increase to 17mm hex. The Hpi axles are 6mm at the wheel hex, but 8mm is the axle size, as you need 8x16x4mm bearings to do my setup, the smaller width gives me 2 mm more for space for wheel hex to fit without rubbing, you probly can use the stock bearings 8x16x5mm, but watch for rubbing of the wheel hex against the knuckles.

I had to stay off computer for awhile, bisness ya know. gotta keep everybody happy and me out of trouble!!

Needpics, send email addy and I'll show how/what I did
mrpj1972

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mail me pics!! mrpj1972@yahoo.com
pics are easy, do you have them loaded on a host somewhere? if not, the easiest i have used is photobucket.com. once you have registered with that site it has some pretty good tutorials on how to get pics to show on message boards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cutlass442

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pictures:

[/img]

Last edited by cutlass442 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mrpj1972

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speakin of cva solutions. i was showing a friend of mine the problem i have with my broken cva. at the time i also have a broken rear lower arm. he says "here, i have some extra cva's that are from a gs storm" but they look a little short. he says well your arm is already broken, so why don't you shorten the arm at the tabs. by god i think that may work!! here's a dry fit on the front before narrowing the arms.
click pics for closer look:

what do you think? to narrow, all i have to do is trim the tabs all the way around right? how is this gonna affect my handling on the track?
cutlass442

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Violator that I recently narrowed. I used CVAs from a Ravager on all 4 corners. Being narrower than my friend and sons 2 Violators, that are not narrowed, seems to help me get through the turns faster than them. I can turn sharper and faster than both of them. With the exception of being narrower, all 3 buggies are set up identically.

mrpj1972 wrote:
speakin of cva solutions. i was showing a friend of mine the problem i have with my broken cva. at the time i also have a broken rear lower arm. he says "here, i have some extra cva's that are from a gs storm" but they look a little short. he says well your arm is already broken, so why don't you shorten the arm at the tabs. by god i think that may work!! here's a dry fit on the front before narrowing the arms.
click pics for closer look:

what do you think? to narrow, all i have to do is trim the tabs all the way around right? how is this gonna affect my handling on the track?
socalbash

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always try this route :-)

Narrowing the width on the blazer sst is not the direction you want to go - IMHO
mrpj1972

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok socalbash, you have my attention. now tell me what kind of money im lookin at for one of custom builds? do i, or should i hang on to my blazer for some parts?
socalbash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want that blazer gearing for sure!!! You want a big air basher or a track demon? Either way You need:

Arms - front rear upper lower

4 new CVA's

2 new center cva's

1 New extended chassis - Titanium 7075 Alum ST -

Front MBX steering knuckles -

Rear PBS uprights - all with pillow balls

Front steering tie rods -

Shock towers - graphite / CNC pair

Longer Shocks - depending on which ones you want.

Just depends on how ya wanna use it.
mrpj1972

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhere between the big air basher & a track demon. not so much the racer though.... just competitive. that looks like that could add up to a lot of dough. would i be better off selling the sst and picking up the x1crt?
HaldiR

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part of the CVAs are you guys breaking?
mrpj1972

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the bone. usually near the joint for me.
HaldiR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrpj1972 wrote:
the bone. usually near the joint for me.

How are you breaking them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Blazer SST All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: