FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Man I feel Dumb
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jminor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Man I feel Dumb Reply with quote

I was running my Dom yesterday, just general bashing made a couple jumps then a couple more jumps, then a few more, each one getting bigger and bigger and bigger until the ramp became about 8 ft tall and 10 ft long... well all went well until I forgot to let off the throttle and landed fullspeed alittle off balance and"SNAP" the right rear dogbone snapped at the upright. At first I thought I just sheared off the pins but when I looked at the truck closer I realized where the shaft meets the universal joint It had actually snapped, needless to say that ruined my day. Now for the million dollar question....... Does anyone know the part number to replace these parts? And What company do you recommend I get them from? I know there are many but my lhs is about to close for good GoodBye Hobbytown, South Shore MA hello mailorder or internet sales. Also are there any upgraded axles? Thanks in advance.
hybridom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it all depends on what size axles you have...the older doms had 6mm axles and the newer ones have 8mm axles....part # for the 8mm axles is OFNA part #18943...if you have 6mm axles and want to upgrade to 8mm you will have to swap out some of your suspension parts....i have a set of brand new 8mm rear axles if your interested....i sent you a pm too
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Hybrid would be the one to the rescue
hybridom

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just here to help where i can...it just so happens i have alot of knowledge when it comes to doms
Jminor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new question after figuring out my axle size is... Can you run the CVA's in the rear of the truck or do you have to run dogbones?

Last edited by Jminor on Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
hybridom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have access to a pair of calipers that would be the easiest way...if you dont ask at your lhs...they normally have a set for measuring stuff
Jminor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hybrid I figured it out I am a dumb*ss they are 8mm Thanks again.
hybridom

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no probs man....and yes you can run cvas in the rear...i had a set but snapped one so i have the good old bones in again
Jminor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet well I guess I will be getting some dogbones and CVA's. I know the way I bash I'll break more, they're about the same price but it always pays to be prepared. Thanks again for all the help, and Hybrid, I'll be PMing you soon for those parts.
YUCK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had troubles out of the rear bones and cva's in mine.. The stockers had a small line cast into them and would snap at the line.. I had RC Alloys make a set of rear AND center bones and NEVER had the problem again.. Of course I went hybrid with mine shortly afterward..
Jminor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup the right rear snapped at the little line before the end of the shaft. almost like it was meant to break there as a safety or something but what a bummer, I still had half a tank!
Jminor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question about the CVA's do I need any other parts to run them in the rear? Or will everything just slide into place? Like I know the outer drive cups will be removed, but will the cva's just fit right and do what I want them to??? A buddy of mine has a Dom and might be giving it to me, he's decided to go into planes and get rid of all but his Tmaxx. He's giving me the CVA's and after I get some Alum from Hybridom, I might just have to buy the rest of my buddy's dom and have a spare everything....
Jminor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question about the CVA's do I need any other parts to run them in the rear? Or will everything just slide into place? Like I know the outer drive cups will be removed, but will the cva's just fit right and do what I want them to??? A buddy of mine has a Dom and might be giving it to me, he's decided to go into planes and get rid of all but his Tmaxx. He's giving me the CVA's and after I get some Alum from Hybridom, I might just have to buy the rest of my buddy's dom and have a spare everything....
hybridom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cva's should slide right in....the only thing i would check is the bearings(while you have it all apart...just make sure they are spinning freely...as for buying the other dom, just make sure the price is right...you can pick ap a complete dom off ebay for under $200
Jminor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You, I have to go pick up the CVA's today, my buddy told me if I make an Ipod mount for him like the one I put in my Impala he'll give me the Dom! I'm pumped about that so I guess I'll be sending you a PM soon for that Alum Hybridom... Well it may be a couple of weeks still I'm going to Jamaica on the 7th for a week to get married, when I get back I'll square my Dom away with the good stuff, hopefully I'll still be able to run it. It's getting cold out here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: