FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Anyone Else Have this Problem???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Jminor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Anyone Else Have this Problem??? Reply with quote

So I was searching the web on my Day off to see if I could find any trick parts for my Dominator, Ones that I haven't seen all over this forum trying to change it up a bit you know? Well I went to an old Favorite from my Electric Days, New Era Models... I saw a tab for Ofna so I clicked it. First thing to catch my eye was the Roll cage, sweet but a little pricy right now, then I noticed wheel Adapters, says Ofna Dominator Wheel adapters, fit Tmaxx rims on your Ofna, So I look a bit more and it says For Ofna Dominator, only fits Titan Axles?!?!?!?!? Being a newb to the Dominator I figure I'll ask a question to New Era. I emailed them to ask if Part # OFN 450 will work with the Ofna Dominator the page has confilcting info. I got a response later on stating NO it will not fit the dominator we don't carry Ofna parts. Hmmm has anyone else had bad luck with new era or did I just catch someone on the wrong Day?
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Era used Ofna parts as an OEM deal...They bought parts to fit in with their designs, and conversions... All Ofna part numbers have 5 digits...

I personally have no experience with New Era products so I'm no help there, sorry. But I do hope the info above at least clarifies some things for you...

Good Luck

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
Jminor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided that I will just get different 17mm wheels for now, I can't decide if I want to get the 23mm adapters to run 40 series Prolines or the HD's but the reason I posted the original message was because of the way New Era handled the question. I found their response a little on the rude side and was wondering if anyone else had similar dealings with them. Their answer was a little longer than what I posted but I've already deleted it from my inbox so I don't remember all that was said. Thanks for your help though, Nitrohouse is on my list of places to shop!
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 40 series on some trucks will cause them to push horribly...Now if you bashing then its better, because it will track straighter. For racing aplications, I recommend the Maxx sized tires and wheels. Ofna has rims specifically for the Dominator offset, and then any Maxx sized tire will fit on them...

Sorry about your bad dealings, it shouldn't be that way. No customer service normally equates to...........................No customers...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...
Jminor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah well, New Era got my buisiness when Iwas an Electric guy they had the best Clod upgrades around. But now I wont even give them a seond thought. I bash more than race so I figured 40 series would look cool running through the yard. I am looking for some cool rims to fit my Dominator I have found a few that will make it look good and no mods necessary so looks like I'll be going that way. To end my long rant I just want to let everyone know that I had a bad experience with New Era and I hope no one else does, but I figured I would put the warning out there. Some people don't care about the little guy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: