FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
2 Questions - Hyper Motor Rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

sarcar55

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: 2 Questions - Hyper Motor Rebuild Reply with quote

I thought I read a post about an ofna motor rebuild program. Can't find it now; so I am wondering if I just dreamed that or is there one? Second question - Based on the cost of a new motor, is it economically sound to rebuild one or should you just go for a new one?
Paradoxmaker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a thread about the rebuild program

http://ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1402

As for whether its more economical to buy a new one or have Ofna rebuild it, lets just say it depends on whats needed. Here is what the program covers:
Quote:
The rebuild program cost varies by engine model and will only cover the following parts:

Piston and Sleeve
Wrist pin
Connecting rod
G-clips

The Engines covered under this rebuild program would be from the Following manufacturers and only on those models that we carry or have carried in the past that have been distributed through OFNA Racing at the following rates:

OFNA/Picco- $75.00
Picco (No OFNA name on the case)- $75.00
Force- $50.00
Hyper- $65.00
*price subject to change without prior notice*

In order for you to take advantage of this program, all you have to do is send us your engine with note stating that you would like the engine rebuilt with a contact number, return address and approved form of payment. Payment can be made by money order or Credit card only. We do understand that credit card information is not something everyone likes to send through the mail, so we can also contact you upon the receipt of your engine for your card information.

If there is anything else wrong that will raise the price of the rebuild.
If waiting for the engine for a week or so to be rebuilt is not to your liking , then a new engine may be a better idea also.

The one thing I never understood was do you call Ofna or Nitrohouse (since they are in the same building).
socalbash

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFNA ... Call OFNA.

You send them your engine, and either a Money Order - or a way to contact you for Credit Card Payment. They will inspect the engine, then call you and tell you what it needs.

I drive over there with my used up Piston sleeve, conrod, and engine block - show em the stuff - they hit the Credit Card for $65 bones and I walk out with a new piston sleeve conrod and g-clips in a baggie.

I keep new cranks and blocks with new bearings in my pit bag at all times - so - if needed I use those parts as well.

Great Program - take advantage of it. CAnt buy a new engine for $65!
sarcar55

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info
spider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great to me how about a program in Australia?
(you can only try)
socalbash

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said australians were excluded?
sarcar55

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Hyper motor back today. Economical and not bad response figuring approx 14 days was taken up by shipping.

Thanks OFNA techs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: