FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Servos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dan15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Servos Reply with quote

On my Hyper 7RTR, my brakes are terrible, when i go almost full speed, it takes a while to stop! I changed my batteries and all of that! Im blaming this problem on the cheesy servos they gave me on the H7. Are there any good servos i can get for a reasonable price!?
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you consider to be a reasonable price? For about $75 you can get Hitec 965 and 985 each. Put the 985 in the steering and the 965 for the T/B.

-Jim
Dan15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya i guess 75$ is a reasonable price. Right now in my H7 i have the Airtronics 94102 for both servos. I am not too impressed with them. I think they are giving out slowly on me. Does anyone else have any opinions about the Airtronics??
ronjon228

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy runs an airtronics digital servo. I forget the exact model number but I know its top of the line as far as airtronics goes. While I wouldn't trade my MX-3 for the world (ok maybe for an M8) I wouldn't use airtronics servos. His servo is doing the same thing. The speed is getting slower and the torque is starting to suffer as well.

I will stick to futaba for my servos. I use a 9351 for my steering and a 3305 for my throttle/brake. The 9351 is a beast of a servo. Super fast and has torque to burn. I recommend it to everyone. The 3305 is a little slower but it's been submerged and abused (pre-owned) and it still works like new. Futaba is the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

On a side note, I don't like Hitec either. I've run the 645 in all my vehicles. T4, B4, TC3, Hyper... They always seem to crap out too easily. I've had 1 die completely after 1 season and 3 more that are now about half speed. I just don't like the build quality on these servos.
BUTCHER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF your gonna spend that much on a servo you might as well step-up one more paycheck & buy top line servos from whatever brand you choose. JR is my current fav.Hitec is also great & will warr their stuff no questions asked.The only servo I have had any prob for the price is Airtronics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: