FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Help with starter box Wiring!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

redtide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Help with starter box Wiring!! Reply with quote

Need a wiring diagram to mount a power panel on a Ofna starter box (the plastic one that comes with the Hyper series). I am using 2 stick batts and need wiring plan. Also, if sonmeone can post the stock wiring for that model, that would be helpful. thank you.
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where, but somewhere on this forum, is a schematic of the power panel wiring...Maybe someone else can remember, and re-post it for you...
redtide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have the basic wiring diagram that was in the power panel bag. i need the schematic for the box. thanks again.
ArrCee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept the wiring very simple. I just spliced the red wire of the panel to the red wire from the battery and spliced the black wire from the panel to the black wire from the battery.

This allows you to trickle charge the battery on the 12V side or power another 12V device and use the glow plug side for the glow plug after adjusting the current.
redtide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrCee- Thanks. Are you using 2 stick pack batteries or a 12V? I switched to stick packs and this is where the confusion is setting in. i am trying to wire to make sure both stick packs are being charged? let me know. R
kx250ryder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone else curious, I posted a wiring diagram for a single motor, two stick pack box, with power panel, on his other thread in the Hyper 7 forum.
ArrCee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing but wire the stick packs in series. Now charging those may be a problem if your charger can not handle 12 cells, most handle 8 to 10.

I have a box with two sticks and I used connectors on them so I can break the circuit and charge each stick individually (at the same time with two peak chargers).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: