FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Rear Uprights......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pantha Escobar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Rear Uprights...... Reply with quote

I should be getting my Hyper 8 in here in the next couple of days, anyways.........I've read that some slop develops in the rear uprights and a mod has to be done to remove it.

Cutting to the chase, is the Alum. hubs a good fix? If so, what degree is the best overall set to get?

Thanks in advance.

-Seann
kingpissant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my personal recommendation is to run the stock hubs and experiments with the tuning options that they provide and find out what set up you like then buy the cnc uprights that match your set up.
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingpissant wrote:
my personal recommendation is to run the stock hubs and experiments with the tuning options that they provide and find out what set up you like then buy the cnc uprights that match your set up.

Great advice KingP...And I agree fully...

Try the buggy with the 0 degree offset and then the 1 dgree, and then the 1.5, and decide which you like the best. Then get the alum. hubs to match what you liked the best. Example: My friend KingP liked the 0 offset and I like the 1.5 offset, so find out which you like the best and go from there...
mtmmotorcycles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of handeling difference's should you expect from the different settings?
Thanks Brendan
kingpissant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0 being the shortest wheel base from left rear wheel to right wheel wheel. makes it quicker thru turns but less stable. 1.5 makes the rear wider and more stable and a little slower thru the corner. adjust to the track and driving style
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: