FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
? for nitrohouse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Felipe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: ? for nitrohouse Reply with quote

Hey nitrohouse what's up; do you have a part number for the rear tall shock tower every were i look all the have is the stock tower.What kind of surface you guys run in cali here in FL we run in red clay hard pack, have any experience on clay.I'm running 5f 7c 3r with 3d toe in the rear 1.5d camber front and back 6d kick up 22d caster the set up works great on big tracks i went to the local track yesterday is a small track, i think i'm going to tried 2 on the rear feels a little to tied on the rear .Any advice.THANK'S FELIPE
Tlr1k

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felipe. I'm in Bartow, which tracks are you talking about locally?(Farmers/555) For 555 I generally run K2's,losi step pins or panther step pins. I have the diffs at 6kfront/8kcenter/1k rear.Front camber 2 degrees, rear 1.5 degrees(using the standard camber link..not lenthened). 22 degrees caster. Akerman: last hole. 3or 3.5 degrees rear toe(don't remember exactly). front shocks 45-55 wt (when the track is smooth I run heavier oil) rear 30-37.5 wt. Hope this helps. With this setup my best qualifier was 10 laps at 5:30something.
Felipe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triple nickle on 555 in bartow,were you go to race let's get together on a weekend and go racing i go to lake park on sundays its better for me because i work on saterdays until 4 or 5 were in bartow you from i live in winter haven i like the set up its just a little tie on the rear for a small track feels real good on big tracks like lake park
Tlr1k

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id definitely like to get some driving time at Lake Park (never been there), I'm going to try and get down to Farmers this Friday, but I'm not sure if I will get to. I'm lucky I only live about 1.5 miles from the track (555)
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ? for nitrohouse Reply with quote

Felipe wrote:
Hey nitrohouse what's up; do you have a part number for the rear tall shock tower every were i look all the have is the stock tower.What kind of surface you guys run in cali here in FL we run in red clay hard pack, have any experience on clay.I'm running 5f 7c 3r with 3d toe in the rear 1.5d camber front and back 6d kick up 22d caster the set up works great on big tracks i went to the local track yesterday is a small track, i think i'm going to tried 2 on the rear feels a little to tied on the rear .Any advice.THANK'S FELIPE

The part number is the same(28037). Which is where it becomes a problem. The ones we (nitrohouse/Ofna) have right now are the longer ones and I've been told that's all that should be imported.

For what is worth, I starting racing 1/8 Nitro in Florida. Don't miss the humidity. I miss the traction you guys get though.

The tracks here don't provide quite as much traction as you guys get with that Georgia Red Clay, but I'm running 7k front, 5k center, and 1k rear. I use the Jammin Big Bore shocks with 70wt and Mugen White springs up front and 40wt with Mugen blue springs in the rear. I'm using the "+, up" up front for a/r with 1.5-2 degrees of toe out, and the 20 degree castor blocks; 2 degree rr. a/s, with 3 degrees of toe in, and the widest (1.5) wheel track for the rear. On the front arms I use the inner hole and on the rear arms I use the outer hole. Shock tower locations I use are the upper line of holes and the center most up front, and inner center most on the rear tower. I run mostly Panther KII's, they work just about everywhere. Hope this helps...My setup probably won't be ideal for you guys, but if it gets you closer to the sweet spot then it'll be worthwhile...
Felipe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's for the help nitrohouse,I'm going to go with 1k or 2k in the rear the car feel good on big fast track i'm just trying to find something the work on the small technical track like ocala last month at the florida state race i'll kick my butt.I tell you how it go soon i got a race in two weeks,Thank's for help
Nitrohouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felipe wrote:
Thank's for the help nitrohouse,I'm going to go with 1k or 2k in the rear the car feel good on big fast track i'm just trying to find something the work on the small technical track like ocala last month at the florida state race i'll kick my butt.I tell you how it go soon i got a race in two weeks,Thank's for help

Kick some tail and let us know how it goes...
Felipe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nitrohouse,well i make a change with the center diff i'm went with 5k the car feels good, at the race better then i thought no practice first qual. run 8laps 5.16 my fastes run at that track 3 month ago was 7laps 5.39.I think i'm going the rite direction.Thank's for the help.[/img]
Russjones42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

felipe cool i used to race in ocala when they were at there old location, man you just talking about it brings back so many memories. i used to race with travis scrambling all the time before and after he got sponsored.
Felipe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Russ,What's up;this race was at Hudson FL, west coast,i heard the you are doing real good at pro race keeped going and good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: