FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
hyper 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

pinkassasin2002

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: hyper 8 Reply with quote

what would happen if i put torsen diff in the center and front and rear would it hurt the car or make it a killer on wheels of course with a modded hyper 21 race engine. need info.
KingBasher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be all wheel drive all the time I think...lol..you need power transfer on a dirt track around corners...It prolly would suck but go ahead give it a try and let us know :)
Wookiee528

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, It will totally suck arse. The Torsen diffs work by putting the power to where the torque is coming from instead of the way a standard diff works. If you have it on all three diffs, I would bet that your car will run much slower, especially if you run on a bumpy and rough surface. If you really want to use a TorSen diff, then I would try putting it in one diff only-either the front or center, but not the rear. I would probably put it in the front only, if I were to use one, to allow there to be some diff action between the front and rear axles. Besides, TorSens are like $100 each and will cost a lot of money for not that much gain, if any.

-Jim
socalbash

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heavier ... and your buggie will pull wheelies like a mutha when you land from jumps!

I wish everyone who raced against me ran torsens! LOL

Bad idea if you want to win the racePink/killer...
pinkassasin2002

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Torsen diffs Reply with quote

Thanks guys just looking for some info I might put in the hyper eight in the center and on my truggy the same way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: