FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
CD-3 INFO..PLZ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mghtythor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: CD-3 INFO..PLZ Reply with quote

I'm wanting to get into the on -road scene and was wondering if anyone has seen a review anywhere of the CD-3PRO OR CD-3 PRO RTR?? Is this a good starter car for a beginner on-road (been racing off-road for a couple years)?? Are the CD-3 good cars durability wise, and handling ??

I guess there's no post in here yet because of the change in the forums, but I would like to hear from some of you guyz that have one of these cars. Any info about what needs to be done to them would be great, like mods or any changes.. TIA
CurveTracer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own one each. I assembled a CD3 Pro kit and installed an Ofna/Picco .12 ROAR legal engine. I also purchased one CD3 Sport and one CD3 Pro RTR, that my two sons race. I have been very pleased with all three cars.
The CD3 Pro Kit is a much stiffer rolling chassis. The RTR cars have more flex. This is based on running all three cars at the same track on the same day with the same suspension settings. One example is laying down both front and rear shocks to the inner most attachment hole on the top mount. Keeping the lower mounts at the base/kit setting. The Pro Kit car will provide just the right amount of understeer. The Pro RTR and Sport will have too much understeer, their front shocks will need to be moved bact to the upper center hole. My Pro kit car had the yellow springs, the Pro RTR had yellow springs, but the Sport CD3 had the black springs.
So interpret this as the Pro kit model will be more sensitive to and respond more directly to suspension setups than the RTR and Sport models.

I do prefer the threaded shocks on the Pro kit and Pro RTR models over the plastic shocks on the Sport model (which use spacers for ride height adjustment).

I have no regrets about purchasing the three CD3 cars and plan on keeping and racing them next season also.
Later in the week I will post my suspension setups.

The part which I have broken most in racing is the rear suspension arm holder, which I have replaced with the aluminum parts. I also use the NTC3 extended bumper which protects the front wheels when the front wheels hit a board.

My top choice is the Pro Kit model, second is the Pro RTR model, which is a good deal since you get the small starter box.

CurveTracer
mghtythor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: CD 3 Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it. I will keep an eye out for your post on more detailed set-up info. This will be really helpful since this is my 1st on-road car. Thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> CD3 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: