FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Taking Applications For Art Dept.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Message
ofnadave



Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 7
Location: ofna.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Taking Applications For Art Dept. Reply with quote



OFNA is looking for two positions in the Art Dept.

Web Master/ Graphic Design

Graphic Artist

Contact OFNA 949.586.2910 .. Steve ext 250

We will collect appl's in June and schedule meets in July!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MotionMachine999



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 1722
Location: Land of Oz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Taking Applications For Art Dept. Reply with quote

ofnadave wrote:


OFNA is looking for two positions in the Art Dept.

Web Master/ Graphic Design

Graphic Artist

Contact OFNA 949.586.2910 .. Steve ext 250

We will collect appl's in June and schedule meets in July!


Still looking for a webmaster/graphic designer????
Until the position is filled, why not sub contract the same person that does nitrohouses website??
Forum aside, you guys really need to update many area's of your home site, to include manuals, exploded views, and complete parts list for everything you dont sell to the general public..
Apears you have no problem adding all the latest releases, but that doesn't help your past loyal customers who only want to maintain there old stuff.

Not bashing Ofna, just offering some constructive criticism. Its hard for members to help one another if manuals and/or part#'s cant be found on your website...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Author Message
MX250



Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 1340
Location: Monroe,GA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 well said..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buggin



Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.............
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buggin



Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know it is starting to look like OFNA only cares about new sales. There has been OFNA employees on and off of this forum since the orignal comment(s) have been made about their lack of support and yet no "damage" control has been takin by them..........not even a weak excuse a politician would use. This comment may end me out of this forum but why should I care if OFNA doesn't either, it is sad to see a companies lack of concern especialy in these lean times with other manufactures nipping at their heels. Mind blowing. It seems the only person that cared a blip about OFNA's image was let go from Nitrohouse, makes ya wonder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
H8



Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 524
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand where you're coming from, but (and tell me if I'm wrong) Ofna's core business is as a distributor of wares made by other manufacturers. Some products are rebranded for the US, some aren't. I think it's safe to say most people know this, and are pretty well aware of who it is that actually makes whatever product they have bought when it comes to RC vehicles.
Exploded diagrams, part numbers, manuals, etc are (usually) available from the respective manufacturers website, and many of the online stores also have varying degree's of information.
I would hazard a guess that most distributors around the world have very little in the way of public info and downloads - certainly the Australian ones don't. They leave it up to the manufacturer, and of course the more savvy online shops.
Now Ofna is a little different to most other distributors in that you can buy 'Ofna' branded goods from retail outlets (usually made by someone else). This muddys the water a little as it makes it harder for the novice to know the origination of the goods. So by doing this, should Ofna perhaps feel obligated to provide information? Possibly. Or at least provide a link back to the manufacturer.

Ofna certainly isn't high on my list of places to come looking for parts information, other than the forum. Not because they're supposedly useless (I hold no opinion on this, being outside the USA) but because I know they are a distributor first and foremost....

Thats my two cents worth!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buggin



Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H8 wrote:
I understand where you're coming from, but (and tell me if I'm wrong) Ofna's core business is as a distributor of wares made by other manufacturers. Some products are rebranded for the US, some aren't. I think it's safe to say most people know this, and are pretty well aware of who it is that actually makes whatever product they have bought when it comes to RC vehicles.
Exploded diagrams, part numbers, manuals, etc are (usually) available from the respective manufacturers website, and many of the online stores also have varying degree's of information.
I would hazard a guess that most distributors around the world have very little in the way of public info and downloads - certainly the Australian ones don't. They leave it up to the manufacturer, and of course the more savvy online shops.
Now Ofna is a little different to most other distributors in that you can buy 'Ofna' branded goods from retail outlets (usually made by someone else). This muddys the water a little as it makes it harder for the novice to know the origination of the goods. So by doing this, should Ofna perhaps feel obligated to provide information? Possibly. Or at least provide a link back to the manufacturer.

Ofna certainly isn't high on my list of places to come looking for parts information, other than the forum. Not because they're supposedly useless (I hold no opinion on this, being outside the USA) but because I know they are a distributor first and foremost....

Thats my two cents worth!

Very true. How ever I work with distributors all day in my line of work, if they can't tell me squat about what I need for that perticular product guess what...no more business from my shop. It is the distributors job to keep the consumer informed, it was their choice to distibute that product...they had better know what in the world they are pimping to the people!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MX250



Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 1340
Location: Monroe,GA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buggin wrote:
H8 wrote:
I understand where you're coming from, but (and tell me if I'm wrong) Ofna's core business is as a distributor of wares made by other manufacturers. Some products are rebranded for the US, some aren't. I think it's safe to say most people know this, and are pretty well aware of who it is that actually makes whatever product they have bought when it comes to RC vehicles.
Exploded diagrams, part numbers, manuals, etc are (usually) available from the respective manufacturers website, and many of the online stores also have varying degree's of information.
I would hazard a guess that most distributors around the world have very little in the way of public info and downloads - certainly the Australian ones don't. They leave it up to the manufacturer, and of course the more savvy online shops.
Now Ofna is a little different to most other distributors in that you can buy 'Ofna' branded goods from retail outlets (usually made by someone else). This muddys the water a little as it makes it harder for the novice to know the origination of the goods. So by doing this, should Ofna perhaps feel obligated to provide information? Possibly. Or at least provide a link back to the manufacturer.

Ofna certainly isn't high on my list of places to come looking for parts information, other than the forum. Not because they're supposedly useless (I hold no opinion on this, being outside the USA) but because I know they are a distributor first and foremost....

Thats my two cents worth!

Very true. How ever I work with distributors all day in my line of work, if they can't tell me squat about what I need for that perticular product guess what...no more business from my shop. It is the distributors job to keep the consumer informed, it was their choice to distibute that product...they had better know what in the world they are pimping to the people!


I've been saying the same thing for a while but people thinks that I am crazy!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buggin



Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MX250 wrote:
Buggin wrote:
H8 wrote:
I understand where you're coming from, but (and tell me if I'm wrong) Ofna's core business is as a distributor of wares made by other manufacturers. Some products are rebranded for the US, some aren't. I think it's safe to say most people know this, and are pretty well aware of who it is that actually makes whatever product they have bought when it comes to RC vehicles.
Exploded diagrams, part numbers, manuals, etc are (usually) available from the respective manufacturers website, and many of the online stores also have varying degree's of information.
I would hazard a guess that most distributors around the world have very little in the way of public info and downloads - certainly the Australian ones don't. They leave it up to the manufacturer, and of course the more savvy online shops.
Now Ofna is a little different to most other distributors in that you can buy 'Ofna' branded goods from retail outlets (usually made by someone else). This muddys the water a little as it makes it harder for the novice to know the origination of the goods. So by doing this, should Ofna perhaps feel obligated to provide information? Possibly. Or at least provide a link back to the manufacturer.

Ofna certainly isn't high on my list of places to come looking for parts information, other than the forum. Not because they're supposedly useless (I hold no opinion on this, being outside the USA) but because I know they are a distributor first and foremost....

Thats my two cents worth!

Very true. How ever I work with distributors all day in my line of work, if they can't tell me squat about what I need for that perticular product guess what...no more business from my shop. It is the distributors job to keep the consumer informed, it was their choice to distibute that product...they had better know what in the world they are pimping to the people!


I've been saying the same thing for a while but people thinks that I am crazy!!

Nahhhhhhh not crazy, just slightly mad I suppose it has just takin me awhile to notice from all the manufactures OFNA distributes including OFNA they do not in any way want you to frankenstien(mod from other buggies) your buggy. They all just want you to buy the latest and greatest thing they have out, thats crap in my mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MX250



Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 1340
Location: Monroe,GA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you still running your Ultra MBX??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buggin



Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MX250 wrote:
you still running your Ultra MBX??

Ya mean my frankenbuggy? lol oh yes and am loving it but there is coming a time soon I want to change things up a bit and am looking at new buggies, sad to say none of them are OFNA distributed due to there lack of online concern for their customer needs. I think I may be moving on in the future. However my youngest daughter is going to love her hand me down franken buggy, she is already licking her chops for it!
Almost forgot to tell ya, a friend of mine that is also very heavy into OFNA distibuted products bought the new Hyper 9.........LMAO he still can't beat my franken buggy!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MX250



Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 1340
Location: Monroe,GA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was my Ultra LX Pro with PBS..


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
Buggin



Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 447

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats one awesome Ultra LX! Also that is the exact body I have been looking for my buggy that you told me about a long time ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
MX250



Joined: 12 Nov 2005
Posts: 1340
Location: Monroe,GA

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buggin wrote:
Thats one awesome Ultra LX! Also that is the exact body I have been looking for my buggy that you told me about a long time ago.


yes sir.... the Trinity WASP for Kyosho.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
H8



Joined: 09 May 2006
Posts: 524
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buggin wrote:
Very true. How ever I work with distributors all day in my line of work, if they can't tell me squat about what I need for that perticular product guess what...no more business from my shop. It is the distributors job to keep the consumer informed, it was their choice to distibute that product...they had better know what in the world they are pimping to the people!


I'm the same, in my line of work I rely on my distributor to tell me what I need to know about the product I sell, and they also to some degree supply POS materials (Point Of Sale, not Piece Of Sh*t!). But my clients come to me (the retailer) for the expert advice and replacement product. Its my job as a 'retailer' to provide this service, not my wholesaler / distributor.

Like I said in my earlier post though, RC is a little different but I'm still of the opinion that its the LHS's and online retailers that should provide the advice and parts information. If their supplier can't provide them with the info they need (and maybe Ofna does do this through their wholesale sales channels, I don't know), then they should either pressure the supplier to do so, or look for alternative product if its that much of a problem for them... assuming there is an alternative supplier!

I agree it would be nice to have a central repository of all manuals, part listings etc. but I just can't see it happening! Ofna's problem really is that they are looked at as a retailer because of their name prominence and almost expected to behave like one, but in fact they aren't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
ofna nitro talk back