FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Gas Tank O Ring problems?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper One Seven
View previous topic :: View next topic  

pro7070

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Gas Tank O Ring problems? Reply with quote

Hi, I recently purchased 2 Hyper One Seven 250cc (OFN19504) for use in a Revo using Tekno RC's Conversion kit. This kit allows Revo owners to use basically any tank out there by providing different mounting options. Several people (including myself) have encountered air leaks from the O-Rings not sealing in the tank. Tekno RC has a support forum at mvbashers.com which several of us posted at http://www.mvbashers.org/forumdisplay.php?f=62
I found my problem when my brand new Picco .28T idle was erratic (high to low) and I couldn't break it in because it wouldn't run for more than 30 secs. I checked all the carb O -rings and backplate seal and everything was fine. I pulled the Hyper One Seven tank and found the leak by plugging the pressure line and blowing into the fuel pick up. I had bought a spare when I bought the first Hyper tank so I pulled it from the package and same thing, a leak. I have tried tightening/loosening the screw in the lid but it doesn't help. The springs on both are very tight as it will slam the lid shut with force. The O Ring just don't sit/seal correctly IMO. Is this an issue with these tanks? Is their anything that can be done? I have sent an email to Ofna and am waiting their response.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper One Seven All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: