FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Monster pirate restoration

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Z28addiction

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Monster pirate restoration Reply with quote

Hey everyone. I am now getting back into the rc world after a few years. I recently tried finding parts for my monster blazer but realized it was almost impossible since the truck was so old. I've always been a fan of the buggy style monster trucks and remembered they came out with the monster pirate which came with heavy duty diffs and better gearing 2 of the problems I hated about my blazer. I purchased 2 parts trucks off the net for a good deal. One that had no engine or tires but a 2 speed tranny and another that was ready to go.
My intentions are to fully rebuild these 2 trucks into one ultimate pirate, with all the aluminum I can get. Parts are still a bit hard to find tho. This is what I have purchased thus far:

I'm going to be putting a .26 picco engine on the truck I baught for my blazer but never fired.
Rear lower alum arms
8mm mpi Cvd shafts for all 4 corners
Rear alum gear box mount.
Blue alum front turn buckles
Original directions

Parts I'm hunting for:
Front and rear cnced heavy duty diffs
Front upper and lower aluminum a-arms

There are a few questions I'd like to ask you guys about the truck from old archive threads I've been finding here and there.i hope with the help of veteran ofna owners I can rebuild this truck to its glory days! Thx ill post pics if this thread catches interest.
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

Many of the Pirate Monster/Dominator parts are still available.
Nitrohouse is a good source for parts.

Here is a link:

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Dominator-Hop-Ups_c_658.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Monster Pirate All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: