FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.28 low speed needle setting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

cdog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: .28 low speed needle setting Reply with quote

Everyone says to set the lsn flush but my hyper ss came out of the box with it roughly two and a half turns out past flush. I set the gap @ 1/16''. Have problems with idle and starting especially with a hot engine. Mostly runs awesome but could use improvement. Wondering if anyone had similar issues or pointers. Thank You.
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/16 air gap and flush is a baseline.
Ambient temp, humidity, fuel and other variables will make it necessary to adjust as needed.
cdog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: .28 low speed needle setting Reply with quote

I guess my main question is then what is considered flush? The top of the screw or the bottom of the head. Sounds obvious I know but I get very different results even on the same day with no major variances in temp/rh/altitude/time. Thanks.
David S.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flush is the head is flush with the highest point.
The low speed needle does not affect temperature. The high speed needle is the one that affects temperature. The low speed affects throttle response.
The settings of course are baseline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: