FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
My Force .28 break in process!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TrickLX1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: My Force .28 break in process! Reply with quote

I just thought i'd share with everybody as to how i chose to break in my Force .28 after i watched numerous break in videos on youtube...I know everybody has there own way and the different manufactures "suggest" it be done there way only, but i think i came up with a good way of my own.

First, i reset the HSN to 3 1/2 turns out from closed, a setting i know is rich, and left the idle and LSN at there factory settings.

I started my break in process by letting the engine idle 2 tanks of fuel sitting on the starter box, letting it cool at BDC (bottom dead center) between each tank.

3rd tank: I did 1/4 throttle runs for 2 to 3 seconds and stopping completely between counting intervals until the car ran out of fuel, then let the motor cool at BDC.

4th tank: I did 1/4 to 1/2 throttle runs for 2 to 3 seconds and stopping completely between counting intervals until the car ran out of fuel, then let the motor cool at BDC.

5th tank: I did 1/2 to 3/4 throttle runs for 3 to 4 seconds and stopping completely between counting intervals until the car ran out of fuel, then let the motor cool at BDC.

6th tank: I did 3/4 throttle runs for 4 to 5 seconds and stopping completely between counting intervals until the car ran out fuel, then let the motor cool at BDC.

7th tank: I did full throttle runs for 5 seconds and held it for another 2 seconds and stopping completely between counting intervals until the car ran out of fuel, then let the motor cool at BDC.

Now, the last 2 tanks that i've ran through the motor (8th & 9th tanks) have been "max tune" tanks. I now have my HSN set at 2 3/4 turns out from closed and tuned the LSN to about the 1 to 2 o'clock lean position from a flush setting while maintaining a steady idle without the car trying to creep forward. My motor runs strong as all get out and never gets above the 270 degree mark and having a nice trail of smoke off the line, through the mid-range and thins out as it hits the peak of the power band.

http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/UltraKfx/media/ultra30_zpsdbdfe1a6.jpg.html?sort=2&o=28

I hope somebody can use this bit of information as a "guide" to breaking in any of the ofna motors.
WayneD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the break in that you did! The only issue is that Ofna sent me a replacement engine because of a defective rod bearing in my original (brand new) Force 28. now that I have reinstalled the clutch shoes and installed the engine...it won't run. Pour a little fuel in the carb and it starts on the first pull and dies when it runs out of fuel in the carb. Everything is factory settings on the needles so...I don't get it?

Just looking for some advise on using my new LX2. Had it for 2 months and can not keep it running long enough to get it broke in!
David S.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say but you may have to open the air gap a little or slightly richen the low speed needle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: