FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
My ULTRA MBX R2 Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TrickLX1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! I would try setting your HSN 3 to 3 1/2 turns out from closed and tune for max temperature and RPM while keeping a nice trail of smoke from there, i'd also set your mid-range needle flush with the end of the carb body and leave it alone after that. From looking at your pics, it looks like you enriched the mid-range 1/8th of a turn, that will affect the HSN tune, i'd lean the mid-range back to where it was. As for the LSN and idle, try setting the LSN flush at the 12 o'clock position with the ball end on the carb, fire the motor and bring it up to temp, then lean the LSN 1 to 2 hours. If the idle then pics up and the wheels start to creep at idle, turn the idle adjustment down just enough so the wheels don't creep and the motor maintains a steady idle. With the right tune, it won't idle all day long, but it should be able to idle a whole tank of fuel.

These are the guidelines i used to tune my force .28, hopefully they will help you tune your motor.
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, i haven't seen you on here in a while. Did you check out the update of my LX-1 build? Since i thrashed the chassis and center drive dogs last Sunday, lol!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: