FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
My ULTRA MBX R2 Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

TrickLX1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you could make the LX2 rear chassis brace work on that chassis also. Your differential housing is the same as mine and all you'd have to do is mark, drill and counter sink the whole for the forward mounting screw.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickLX1 wrote:
Looking good man, i will say the PBS suspension setup your buggy has is a better setup that what my LX1 has. I'd go with the LX2 receiver/battery box and servo tray posts as well, you'll have to mark, drill and counter sink the wholes in the chassis to make the LX2 receiver box work on your chassis. But it lowers the center of gravity considerably and makes a difference in handling, IMO.

Where are you located that it's taking so long to get your parts?

Thanks! Ya PBS system is nice, wait until i put those huge 16mm Jammin shocks on!

For the battery box i thought of using the LX2 one, i was not sure it would fit but i will look into it, would make it more streamlined.

Im in Montreal (6 hours north of NYC) , sometimes deliveries are fast, i just dont know where 2 of my other orders are.

thanks for watching.
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for watching.[/quote]

Yep, keep it updated as your build progresses!
rc-demon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok today i ordered the muffler! and an Ofna starter box.

OFNA Jammin JP-3 Hard Anodized is the choice since the buggy will be for various uses.

I also updated the the first post with more accurate info as to what is going into it and whats already purchased.

I have to see about KingHeadz front and rear arm holder as i think only one of them fits? I think only rear i can get for my buggy.

thats it for now folks.
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rc-demon wrote:
Ok today i ordered the muffler! and an Ofna starter box.

OFNA Jammin JP-3 Hard Anodized is the choice since the buggy will be for various uses.

I also updated the the first post with more accurate info as to what is going into it and whats already purchased.

I have to see about KingHeadz front and rear arm holder as i think only one of them fits? I think only rear i can get for my buggy.

thats it for now folks.

The kingheadz rear arm holder will definitely work. You should post a picture of the front end assembled on the chassis without the bumper, i bet the kingheadz front arm holder will work too. If the front differential assembly looks anything like mine, it will work.

I will say if you want to keep a bumper on it, you'll have to take the arm pins and take the plastic and aluminum front arm holders and push the pins through both of them off the chassis. This will line them up and show you how much aluminum you'll need to remove so the bumper will slide in place. The kingheadz front arm holder is designed to be used on the ofna late model dirt oval cars, that's why it isn't notched for a bumper.

Last edited by TrickLX1 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the sway bars on your buggy mount differently than on the LX1, but as long as the arm pins, the 2 screws that fasten the front arm holder to the differential and the 2 screws that fasten the front arm holder to the chassis are in the same location. I don't see why the front arm holder wouldn't work.

I put a front bumper for an Ofna Buggy8 on mine and I think it looks good. Here's the best shot i have of the front arm holder and bumper installed after modifying it for the bumper to fit.

http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/UltraKfx/media/ultra28_zps4e559dbe.jpg.html?sort=2&o=26
rc-demon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey @TrickLX1!

Thanks for all the info on the kingzheadz arms. Once i get my parts and have the front diff setup i will post a picture.

Surprise more stuff came in today, front shocks, LX2 center diff and a white High Force wing. Almost got everything.
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rc-demon wrote:
Hey @TrickLX1!

Thanks for all the info on the kingzheadz arms. Once i get my parts and have the front diff setup i will post a picture.

Surprise more stuff came in today, front shocks, LX2 center diff and a white High Force wing. Almost got everything.

Awesome! It's gonna come together quick now.

Oh, shipping takes about 3 days from KingHeadz here in the US, hopefully it'll only be 4 or 5 days to make to your location in Canada after going through customs and all that bs, if you decide to purchase the arm holders.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickLX1 wrote:

Oh, shipping takes about 3 days from KingHeadz here in the US, hopefully it'll only be 4 or 5 days to make to your location in Canada after going through customs and all that bs, if you decide to purchase the arm holders.

Ya a few issues that are delaying, the new clutch bell i ordered is 2mm shorter so the shaft is longer. I think a shim kit will fix that. I will try local hobby store first.

Also missing the the plastic bits that go inside shock assembly, OFNA part # 40643. So i cant mount shocks!

Still waiting on an other delivery of pins for front diff. argh!

Anything shipped via USPS from out west is taking 1-2 weeks. KingsHeadz being in IN might be faster since i asume it will come by way of Detroit.

I cant wait to fire this buggy up!
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rc-demon wrote:
TrickLX1 wrote:

Ya a few issues that are delaying, the new clutch bell i ordered is 2mm shorter so the shaft is longer. I think a shim kit will fix that. I will try local hobby store first.

Also missing the the plastic bits that go inside shock assembly, OFNA part # 40643. So i cant mount shocks!

Still waiting on an other delivery of pins for front diff. argh!

Anything shipped via USPS from out west is taking 1-2 weeks. KingsHeadz being in IN might be faster since i asume it will come by way of Detroit.

I cant wait to fire this buggy up!

Yeah, a shim kit will fix the play with the narrower clutch bell. The force big blocks require a long clutch bell, but the short one should work just fine once you get it shimmed up. You'll still want a little front to back play in it once shimmed, so it's not to tight, causing it to burn up clutch bell bearings.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickLX1 wrote:

Yeah, a shim kit will fix the play with the narrower clutch bell. The force big blocks require a long clutch bell, but the short one should work just fine once you get it shimmed up. You'll still want a little front to back play in it once shimmed, so it's not to tight, causing it to burn up clutch bell bearings.

I picked up some shims and installed them tonight, seems like to many to my liking, i hope its going to be ok. I did order the long clutch bell, so not sure why there is so much gap. I left a little play so its not to tight.

Update, i have the LX2 center diff installed and today I received the pins for the front arms so worked on that. Also received my JP-3 exhaust and Ofna starterbox.

Tomorrow i should get the front diff installed to chassis and will take some pictures of progress so far. Its getting there I almost have all my parts to get this back together.
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rc-demon wrote:
TrickLX1 wrote:

I picked up some shims and installed them tonight, seems like to many to my liking, i hope its going to be ok. I did order the long clutch bell, so not sure why there is so much gap. I left a little play so its not to tight.

Update, i have the LX2 center diff installed and today I received the pins for the front arms so worked on that. Also received my JP-3 exhaust and Ofna starterbox.

Tomorrow i should get the front diff installed to chassis and will take some pictures of progress so far. Its getting there I almost have all my parts to get this back together.

So you did get a long clutch bell, did you put a bearing in the back side of the clutch bell? If not, that will cause for a lot of play.

Sounds good! Just a couple more weeks of ordering and waiting for the last things you want to add!
rc-demon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrickLX1 wrote:

So you did get a long clutch bell, did you put a bearing in the back side of the clutch bell? If not, that will cause for a lot of play.

Yes both bearings are in. I have quite a few washers on it so will see if it works. If not then that means i need to get a shorter clutch nut if it exists.

Ok so most of the buggy is together now!

I am just waiting on some body posts and the shock pieces and need to find an LX2 muffler mount. I also discovered i have no rear stiffener! I found one on Ebay (they are rare now) and ordered it.

This morning at Hobby store I picked up an Aluminum Dynamite servo horn, ahh much better! Got the steering all adjusted as best as i can without wheels on, more adjustments after.

My JR Racing servo for throttle is old and it twitches, was chatting with dude at store and i will most likely upgrade it to a stronger digital server with metal gears. Looking at the Hitec HS-5645MG. It has enough torque for the job.

Thats the update for now.

Ohh ok here is a shot of the BIG BOY shocks! Nice comparison!

thanks for watching!
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! It's definitely a lot cleaner than it was when you first got it. Lol

The 645MG HITEC servos are the ones i have and they function great with my 1600ma receiver hump pack. You'll definitely want metal servo horns with servos that have all metal internals and where the servo horn mounts. The plastic servo horns just strip out the teeth.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is an update on the Buggy!

The engine fired up!

Right now i have the fuel line short and quite direct but i did that is temporarily until its tuned, then i will put a loop. The engine is out of tune, running way too rich (spitting fuel) so i will try again tomorrow and get the HSN leaned out.

I had some issues with the old server horn, did not see it was cracked and stripped so i used one of the plastic ones that came with the new Hitech servo and modified it to fit, works great!

You can see i have the new LX2 shocks on, new rear wing, new exhaust (bracket needs modifying), got the missing rear stiffener, LX2 center diff and brakes. I also used some bits from the LX2 throttle linkage and adjusters.

I picked up some used yellow wheels with Proline race tires from a local race last weekend that i will put on when i run it on the track. Right now keeping old wheels on while i tune it on the street.

Once its all tuned and adjusted i will put back front stiffener.

thats it for now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: