FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Pinion and Spur gears Ultra LX One vs Pro racing models?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

rc-demon

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Pinion and Spur gears Ultra LX One vs Pro racing models? Reply with quote

Hi there everyone,

Since the Ultra LX One is considered more of a basher buggy then a race spec buggy i would suppose it must be geared lower?

So how are the higher end buggies geared? Can we benefit from gearing the LX1 in the same way? Would other changes be needed?

I am going to be using my buggy mainly on tracks for Club Lapping and occasional light bashing.

thanks!
TrickLX1

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of changing your gearing the way you would on a dirt bike or quad. Adding a tooth to the front sprocket (clutch bell) and leaving the rear sprocket (spur gear) stock will give it more top end speed.

If your local track is tight in the technical sections and has medium length straights, you'll want a shorter gearing and if the track has long straights with sweeping corners, you'll want a little longer gearing.

I run a 13t clutch bell and 47t spur gear, good for technical tracks with medium length straights. A 14t or 15t clutch bell with more teeth on the spur gear will be better for faster, more high speed flowing tracks.

At least that's the way i look at it.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

Yes i figured i would need to make the gearing a little longer for track use. Was trying to get some feedback on what the most comon gear setups are on race buggies. But ya i guess it depends on the tracks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: