FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
randomly accelerating, please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

terrorballer12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: randomly accelerating, please help Reply with quote

ok guys still pretty new to rc and i have what i believe is either an upgraded lx1 or mbx comp ... ive tried posting pictures on here but for some reason it wont let me A) from my phone B)from my xbox or C)from the wifes computer lol it has a picco force .26 and stock ofna sx-0001 servos, well now just steering lol but heres why replaced the throttle servo

ok so i first got to running my rc car and everything was fine, just a little sluggish so i took it to the rc shop where they replaced the clutch shoes, springs and tuned it, got it back and me and my co-workers went out to run them at the BMX track and the first time i got it started it took off ... well then i realised (which i knew this before,but forgot to check) me and a co-worker had the same crystals ... PROBLEM SOLVED ... so i thought, then after a rather unpleasent experience at the hobby shop where my mother in law was treated like garbage and it made me never want to do busines with them again, it started doing it worse ... so i replaced the throttle servo to a futaba s3004 but didnt make sure the servo was at 0 trim ... i got it put in and turned it on and it flew to instant brake (i have messed with my trim trying to get it to run right after the tune... now i know not to do this) and i havent messed with it since but anyways AFTER putting it in, i got it running great ... except for the fact that when i hit the gas it seems like the throttle is sticking, this last weekend we went out again to the bmx course where it ran great for about 3 minutes before it hauled off and hit some guy in the ankle so i messed with the throttle linkage a little bit thinking it was getting stuck (again) lol and then it hauled off and KO`ed a huge rock, i guess my question is

WTH IS GOING ON lol

thanks guys for the help and long explanation just figured the whole story was better than ... it does this lol
David S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the throttle seems like it is sticking. Check the carburetor first.
If you are losing control from both steering and throttle it could be possible voltage loss. You may want to double check the wiring, battery holder and switch.

Hope this helps
terrorballer12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i checked my wires and it seems that the only broken ones are where the battery cable gors out to be charged, do they keep power while the car is running? i understand (slight knowledge with real cars) that two bare wires is a really BAD thing especially in the same loom, but do these wires go dormant once theyre unplugged from the charger? and i dont believe its anything to do with the motor because its spuradic ... and i loose control of steering as well, could this be because i set the servo while it wasnt at 0 trim or could it be in my controller/reciever box ... ive watched random videos saying these are common is the only reason i ask

when she takes off its more of where my throttle on the controller was and not opening wide, and i loose steering ... even after hitting the rock she was revving pretty good, i personally thing i would experience mor problems if it was in the motor (for ex. tough to start or wouldnt stay running ... not just (OMG im gonna take this guys ancle out and you cant do a thing about it lol)
David S.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a nitro model there must be power all the time for the radio system.
Any loss of 6vt to the receiver will cause no signal received at the receiver, and no votage to operate the servos.
If you battery has a charge lead the lead should register battery voltage.
terrorballer12

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the battery checked a couple days ago and the battery is good, and its not the battery wires, its the wires that come from the switch on the box, but ill get those replaced and tape down my crystal and do the rubber band trick until i can get a killsafe if this doesnt work ill let you know, oh and also is theyre anywhere to get the receivers, unless im looking wrong i cant seem to find anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: