FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
ofna lx 1??? and a problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

terrorballer12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: ofna lx 1??? and a problem Reply with quote

Hey guys, new to this forum and rc in general .. i believe and have been told that what i have is an ofna lx 1 ... but im not exactly sure ... it has a purple ofna force .26 ...with blue aluminum radio tray, frt / rear shock towers and sx-0001 servos, would anyone know if this information is correct?

I also have another question, after a horrible experience at the only hobby shop here in town ... where i had the clutch shoes, springs, a couple bearings and a tune done, (yesterday) then today me and my co-workers were out today running at the local bmx track, and after running mine for about 4 minutes ... about half a tank of gas, it seemed REALLY sluggish almost as if the shoes had wore out again (or they put bad ones on at the hobby shop) which they didn't the shoes were fine. so i was almost wondering if my sleeve in the motor was shot, or if it wouldnt even run if this was the problem. at first it ran sluggish, then it only ran if you had the throttle in, then would only idle and die if you hit the throttle ... now it wont start at all, i checked the glow plug and its still getting hot and the motor doesnt seem to be turning over very rough (again still new to RC) any input would be greatly appreciated guys, i can have pics of the buggy upon request

thank you guys
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and Welcome. You may want to post a couple of photos.
The LX-1 has a radio tray that is hardcoated in color. Unless the the radio tray has been replaced I would not think it would be a LX-1
terrorballer12

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys its not letting me pull any pictures up from my phone ill try when i get home
*EDIT*
okits still not letting me do anything from my xbox either lol i dont have a laptop but i can probably get the wife to let me use hers when she gets home. but today i figured out the loss of power was due to one of the dog bones not being tight on the front .. .... then it sudenly seemed like the brakes were locked on the front .. and they were so i messed with them and got it to where they werent catching and holding ... i went to run it and it seemed like every time i hit the brake the idle dropped WAY low and barely stayed alive or it just died ... but with throttle or even no brake it drove great. im assuming either my battery pack is shot or i need new servos all 3 servos seem to be original i believe it has a camel hump battery pack 5 small batts with 3 on bottom and 2 on top that are rechargeable .. and yes before this happend it was on the charger for 4 hours so they shouldve been charged (from what i was told) and then it wanted to throttle on its own and finally did so into my parked car (luckily pretty slow) i ran over and grabbed it. spun it around and hit the throttle on the radio and nothing on the car ... pushed it to brake .. nothing .... turned the radio off then back onn and life again .... i said f it im done for today ... lol so servos???żżż thanks guys
David S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to say but it sounds like either the tune was too lean or the possibly clutch shoes or springs. Take it back to the hobby shop so the can recheck it.
hotrodrob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it spitting fuel out of the exaust? and smoking alot when running?
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is smoking alot, and spitting fuel it then would be rich.

Here is a good article regarding engine tuning:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/295490-tuning-bible.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: