FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 8 pics...post em if you got em
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

RC Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you insist:

How you doing DJ? Haven't heard from you in awhile! Just want to say "Howdy from Texas!"
DJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanging in there but there's a new Hobao team at Rev. we have 5 strong drivers flossing the Hyper 9 there and on going 6, working on a new driver and with Jeremy that will make 7 but Jeremy is on his own level.
RC Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great! I'd love to represent, but already been rejected once. We've got one guy driving a 9 out at our track...pretty good too. I'm just picking up speed and lap times...helps when I don't have a choice but to run with the experts!
Take Care!
scdrj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nymph,

How do you like the new shocks on front? I assume you are still running the 8.5? Where in Texas are you?

Best regards.
RC Nymph

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running the big bores on both front and rear. It makes a big difference in the stability alone. With the other nodifications on my 8.5, this baby turns on a dime. We are in San Antonio and race out at RCHQ. We originally started out at Full Throttle Hobbies in Boerne, but the track was too new and not very well run as far as the race program.
scdrj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad. I could not see the pic well enough. It looked like there was a pair of the new 17mms on front. It is pretty cool to see people still racing the 8.5. I have two that need to be finished, but have had zero time lately. I am directly North of you. I'd meet up with ya'll at the track, but I am 370 miles North of you. I live in Wichita Falls, TX.
steelie600

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill get some newer pics of mine tonight with the super big bores fitted. This thing is now atleast a match for the 9 and imo jumps better and is more predictable in the air and has a sturdy solid feel to it when driving. Although the 9's ive driven seem to be light and very flighty and possibly a little too skittish for me. Still doesnt stop me wanting one tho but not until the plastics are sorted
RC Nymph

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite a distance. You'll have to send pics of your track. We have been itching to get up to Austins track, just haven't made it yet. I would like to try to visit a lot of the tracks out here...just a matter of time.
scdrj

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really do not have a track like most would think of. We have a pretty nice track on a piece of land, and a friend (Wayne) has a track behind his house. When you live in a small town of 100,000 that does not support RC, you do what you have to. We do drive 150 miles to a track in OKC, and 135 miles to a couple of tracks in Dallas. However, the two tracks here are solid efforts for poor boys. Both tracks have transponder systems. Wayne's track can be seen here: http://www.freewebs.com/wayneshobbyworld/

I have a disc around here somewhere with a lot of pics of the other track (Dirty Bill's). At any rate, I have taken this thread WAY off topic. So, I'll stop here.
tony355

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://s689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/tdorney/hyper/?action=view&current=005.jpghttp://s689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/tdorney/hyper/?action=view&current=006.jpghttp://s689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/tdorney/hyper/?action=view&current=011.jpg my hyper 8.5 pro , axe rossi cobra , ace servos , spektrum radio
jamiekerr14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff211/jamiekerr14/SRSRD2FOLDER2189.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff211/jamiekerr14/SRSRD2FOLDER2179.jpg

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff211/jamiekerr14/SRSRD2FOLDER2168.jpg

Here is mine..

Hyper 8.5
Savox Servo's
Byron 25% Gen 2
DX3R
AKA Rubber
scdrj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony355 wrote:
axe rossi cobra

Real nice Tony! How do you like the Cobra? I know it is the stronger low-end/longer stroke version of the mamba, but I was wondering if you have ever compared the two?
scdrj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamiekerr14 wrote:
Here is mine.. Hyper 8.5

Jamie, your car is very nice! Did you find your JConcepts high down force wing to be an improvement over the old hyper wing?
tony355

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scdrj wrote:
tony355 wrote:
axe rossi cobra

Real nice Tony! How do you like the Cobra? I know it is the stronger low-end/longer stroke version of the mamba, but I was wondering if you have ever compared the two?
glad you like it ! dont have any experience of the mamba but am really impressed by the cobra , tons of bottom end , screaming top end and 10 to 12 min runtime (tho its a bit lean at 12) its a match for pretty much anything at our track
jamiekerr14

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scdrj wrote:
jamiekerr14 wrote:
Here is mine.. Hyper 8.5

Jamie, your car is very nice! Did you find your JConcepts high down force wing to be an improvement over the old hyper wing?

Thanks alot buddy, Um yea.. I ditched the Stock wing pritty quickly always run the Proline High Downforce wing.. But had issues with the wings being warped from package. So tried the JConcepts one.. really tough.. and strong.. No issues so far.. I prefer the HD wings.. and the look of them too. Helped me to come 4th In the C-Final at my tracks SRS meet.. my 3rd ever race meet out of 100 buggy drivers! hahaha.. Its doing me proud. 1st ever meet won the C-Final by 3 laps with 2 engine issues.. Smaller meet.. and was 3rd in B until Battery issue. But yea, I recommend the JConcepts wing seems thicker and stronger than.. Proline one.. tbh
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51
Jump to: