FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
1/8 scale Newbie with some questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

vsefiream

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: 1/8 scale Newbie with some questions Reply with quote

Hello. I am brand new to 1/8 scale and I am looking for my first buggy. I have been looking at a lot of Ofnas due to price and decent reviews.
The questions I have is that I really don't know which model I want. There seem to be so many like the Ultra, Hyper, Hyper star etc. I know I like the top of the line models but I am probably best off with a decent entry level model. I have seen a lot of Hyper 7's and Ultras used for decent prices. I have been researching on line but I still need an 1/8 scale education.
I really don't know what the differences are and which model I really want. I am going to be running a brushless electric setup with a single Lipo, not Nitro. I am going to race it occasionally. I am going to do a lot of bashing. I am open to converting a Nitro to elec if a used buggy is cheap enough.
I have seen the Ofna Ultra Lx2e new in the box is as cheap as $190 shipped, I may go that route rather than used. I'm just not sure yet.
Next topic... what is a good brushless setup for 1/8?? I have the Traxxas Velineon 3500 in my 4x4 stampede and I know it eats a lot of power in that truck. I assume this setup is not up to the riggors of 1/8 scale? So what would be a good setup??
Lastly, since I mentioned that I am looking at used cars, you might have guessed I have a small budget and that would be true. I would like to set up a rig as cheaply as possible but not use "cheap" parts. With a little persistant shopping and forum help I hope to make this work. My overall budget is somewhere in the $300-400 range but less would be great of course.

Thanks
vsefiream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well due to overwhelming response I picked up a 9.5 MBX pro with full Pivot ball setup. It's a little dirty and rough around the edges but looks solid in the pics. I'll be tearing it down, cleaning and converting to electric first. I will be picking up new wheel/tires and body for it soon. I have a Traxxas FM radio and Hytec metal gear servos that I'll use until I pop for a 2.4, probably a Traxxas TQI.
Here are some pic from the auction:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: