FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
LX1e/LX2e Differential Housings - Constantly Breaking (Rear)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

EastTXBasher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: LX1e/LX2e Differential Housings - Constantly Breaking (Rear) Reply with quote

Anyone have any ideas for additional bracing on these diff's to keep them from breaking??

We've built a supercross style outdoor track with pretty large 20-35 foot gaps - doubles, triples, quads, (some of these just added between the bigger gaps so the 1/10 guys can rythm through). Long story shortened - it has mostly large/high jumps that result in HARD landings! Specifically on this track, I'm CONSTANTLY breaking my rear diff housings - gone through 4 of them so far. I've heard most of the tricks: Adding the Kingheads front plate helps for breaking the diff at lower-arm pivots, and boiling the diff for 10-20 minutes helps quite a bit under conditions on a normal track, but isn't enough to take these REALLY HARD hits & landings. The place where it keeps breaking is at the two "ears" on upper-most part of housing that secure the lower wing mount screws through the shock tower - and if you don't catch it in time, it will rip the entire shock tower right out of the housing also.

I'm pretty sure this is caused by the wing taking the bulk of hard hits during crashes/flips - causing the lower tower mounts to flex and snapping the upper ears of the diff housing. So.. my question - does ANYONE know where to get either a STRONGER diff housing (aluminum?), or possibly any bracing tricks or an aftermarket bracing kit that allows this impact to be more dispersed through the chassis? If not, I will soon be posting something that I have fabricated on my own, and possibly even testing a spring loaded "break-away" wing - similar to a spring loaded basketball goal.

Any links, tips, advice appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: