FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
SOMEONE PLEASE engine stalls after full throttle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

plumber105

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: SOMEONE PLEASE engine stalls after full throttle Reply with quote

hi i'm a newbie and have been looking for an answer and can't find one hope someone can help!
i have a hyper 7 which starts fine and idles well however after a full throttle blast on deceleration it stalls - but i can start it again without too much trouble with no extra throttle it seems to be running well bottom mid and top end with a bit of smoke but not excessive so don't think its too rich i have noticed a small tear in the gaitor on the throttle body and was wondering if it was to blame i have followed all tuning tips from this site and others to no avail thanks in advance for any replies
6sharky9

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaitor?..Do you mean the rubber boot on the carburetor?...if so; i would replace it anyway..it keeps dirt of the carburetor slide that can create small scratches on it causing you to have a air leak in which could cause you running problems..If you have lots of dirt inside the boot the carburetor may be your problem..are you using the correct heat range glow plug for the motor?. what motor is it you are using?..the hyper 7 has come with 3 different motors if its an RTR version
plumber105

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6sharky9 wrote:
Gaitor?..Do you mean the rubber boot on the carburetor?...if so; i would replace it anyway..it keeps dirt of the carburetor slide that can create small scratches on it causing you to have a air leak in which could cause you running problems..If you have lots of dirt inside the boot the carburetor may be your problem..are you using the correct heat range glow plug for the motor?. what motor is it you are using?..the hyper 7 has come with 3 different motors if its an RTR version

ok the car is second hand and quite old but runs really well other than the stalling issue the glow plug is an align 3a the pull start has hyper 21 turbo written on it and it has a black head i went back to 'factory settings' for the carb and re tuned also when i say a small tear i mean a small tear but i will get a new one just in case, also the nitro is 20% so im running it a little bit rich as i'm sure i read somwhere that 20% nitro has less oil in it thanks for your reply and hopefully with this bit more info you can steer me in the right direction - cheers
6sharky9

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glow plug im not sure about..Motors require different heat ranges and lengths for proper operation..The motor sounds like the hyper 3 port motor ofna used in the earlier models. See what info you can find and use the recommended plug for the motor...As far as fuel goes; Using 20% fuel will have a higher oil content to it; not less..Youre on the correct path by starting over from factory settings..im going to assume the motor is broken in so you can turn the needles farther in to begin with from the factory setting to get started. try turning the high speed needle in 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn more from factory setting to get started..you want the motor to be lean enough to get to operating temperatures..at least 180 degrees or more before you can properly tune a motor..you want to tune the high speed needle before the low speed needle..blast the car up and down the street untill you can reach operating temps then adjust accordingly..if it gets too hot say above 230 then you want to richen it in very small increments untill your temps go below 230..then you can adjust your low speed needle to get any bogs or hesitations out of it from the start and maintain a good smooth idle...Also be sure your idle isnt set too low..this can cause a motor to stall as well after a quick blast down the road. Its really hard to tune a motor from the internet but its a base line procedure you can follow and hopefully it will help you..if you still cant get it to stop stalling then you may have an air leak somewhere or the piston and sleeve can be worn in which case you need a new piston and sleeve or just a new motor in general..its usually best to just buy another motor as its just a little more money and you get everything new. An alternative is the 4 port hyper 21 ofna offers for just over 100 dollars..same motor with one more port for a little more power. Good luck to you.
plumber105

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your advice i got a new carb cheap on ebay and after fitting and setting up seems to be alot better probably just the low speed needle though as the new one seems to be wound out - (richer?) than the other but still works with the 15 sec idle then full throttle test with no bogging down
6sharky9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuning is still going to be your best bet..is it the same carburetor you had on the other motor? if not tuning may be different but still needs tuning properly..factory setting get thrown out the window as a baseline if its not the same carburetor...Anyway hope it works out for you..make sure you dont tune too lean..that will destroy your motor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: