FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
is it worth it to rebiuld my hyper .21 motor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ilovetats

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: is it worth it to rebiuld my hyper .21 motor? Reply with quote

I have a hyper7 and the original engine lost compression so I put in a axial .28 spec 2s and I'm not happy with the new motor so I was wondering it is worth rebuilding the stock hyper .21 8 port motor?
6sharky9

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

typically more higher end motors are rebuilt...the problem is most piston, rod and sleeve kits cost about 3/4 of the cost of just buying a new motor..if you need bearings also it usually costs more to rebuild it than buy a new one..considering the low cost of the hyper 8 i would just get another one in my opinion as opposed to a complete rebuild..i mentioned a rod also for the main reason the highest stress on a rod comes from the break in period..due to the tight pinch it puts alot of stress on the rod and they do tend to stretch a little and weaken..most dont figure changing the rod and thats caused damage to many motors making them not rebuildable anymore breaks..in my opinion i would just buy a new hyper .21...if youre doing the club races or just bashing around the hyper 4 port is a much better choice i think and it does give you more run time. im going to do a build up on a 3 port version hyper .21 that came in the earlier TQ7 RTR kits...My friend took his out to run a different motor and i got hold of it to do the project write up...price everything out and compare to a new motor..you may end up just buying a new motor...also if you do it will give you alot of spare parts should you need them for the same motor. usually the block,crank,head,carburetor etc..
ilovetats

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying. That's what I was told and I was talked into getting a axial .28 which I later found out its usually for rock crowlers! I hate not knowing. I guess I will just use the old .21 as practice and experience
Ben Giles

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you want to sell the .28 motor I can use it.

Ben Giles
Qsac10@sbcglobal.net
ilovetats

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in canada so for what I would sell it for u my as well buy a new one. I paid $159.99 for it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: