FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
hyper .28 glow plug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Tabossco

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: hyper .28 glow plug Reply with quote

So if you have not read my other post i cant get my motor to start i think its low compression but could it just be a wrong plug? Im using a mc-8 plug i have got all my needle settings right on but sounds like it wants to fire. Im now thinking its the wrong plug due to im reading about others using a hot plug which the book says don't use. I only got one gallon through this motor and i know its dumb of me but i never paid att to the first plug the shop sold me and the second time a diff guy sold me the second plug im thinking he gave me the wrong one idk but im reading on these forums peps using hot plugs and getting 7+ gallons out of this motor even running temps above 250. So the question is is a hot plug the way to go with the .28?
6sharky9

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im sure you can find the recommended plug through OFNA....as far as it not starting that can be many issues..1st make sure your glow ignitor is working properly..you can remove your plug and attacj it to the ignitor to see if it glows..even if it does glow that doesnt mean its enough to make it start...it need to be a very bright orange glow...2nd is make sure you prime the motor to be sure you have fuel to the carburetor..you simply place your finger over the exhaust tip to force fuel to your motor...3rd..if you are getting fuel you may have flooded the motor in which case it can saturate the plug with fuel making it not start..other things can be air leaks or just a bad piston and sleeve..i dont know the condition of the motor or if it was broken in properly so not much to say on that really..try the first 3 i mentioned and if it still doesnt run i dont know really what to say about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: