FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
My "new to me" 9.5 MBX Pro Brushless project

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

vsefiream

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: My "new to me" 9.5 MBX Pro Brushless project Reply with quote

Hello all. I'm fairly new here. I am working on breaking into 1/8 scale on a modest budget. I posted in the lounge section about some thoughts I had regarding which buggy to get for my brushless conversion or get a brushless buggy out of the box. I came across a 9.5MBX Pro with front and rear PBA, a super torsen diff and some other nice hop ups. Here are some pics from the Ebay auction where I found it:

Those photos don't do the car much justice, it looks a lot better in person, here are some pics assembled after it arrived:

The pros, obviously a bunch of upgrades including the rear PBA, super torsen, cnc braces, aluminum tray tubes, the tires are actually in OK condition and a couple spare parts. The cons, the brake cam was hitting the super torsen causing some minor damage, the muffler hanger has been hitting the steering causing a big gouge in it and the buggy is dirty !!
I started the teardown last night and I am starting to amass parts to rebuild and convert to brushless.
One problem I do see that I think a lot of these buggies suffer from is ride height adjuster damage to the chassis. The little tabs are getting really beat up. I am looking for something to insert or mount there to eliminate this issue. My thoughts are hardened inserts of some sort or use some thin dbl sided tape to secure a peice of .050 steel shim stock to the top of the ear. I may pick up a second chassis and install which ever method tests well on the old chassis. I am happy to see that I can find most of the parts I need at Nitrohouse and on Ebay.

More to come...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: