FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Center Diff rebuild issues on my New CRT.5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

longballlumber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Center Diff rebuild issues on my New CRT.5 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I recently bought a new CRT.5 and I noticed that all of the diffs look like they are leaking diff fluid. So my plan was to take apart and refill (rebuild) the diffs. So far I have only worked on the center diff. Once I get it back together and filled up with diff oil, when I tighten the spur gear back down (4X Phillips heads) the diff locks up. The thing I donít understand is if I canít tighten up the diff enough to seal it up itís going to continue to leak. However, if I tighten up too much it locks up the center diff. Any thoughts or help would be great.

This is my first experience with 1/8 scale style oil filled diffs. I have only ever run ball style diffs.

Thanks
Mike
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diff should not lock up when tightening the spur gear. Check that the pin underthe bevel gear is installed properly, and the cross-pins are installed notch to notch.

Hope this helps
longballlumber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David S. wrote:
The diff should not lock up when tightening the spur gear. Check that the pin underthe bevel gear is installed properly, and the cross-pins are installed notch to notch.

Hope this helps

Hi David thanks for the quick reply. I thought it should tighten up OK with out binding since it's a filled oil system.

I did make sure the notches are laying on top of each other. I am starting think its the O-ring (40009) in the diff case to seal the outdrive (40808). I can't seem to get the outdrive in and the O-Ring seated correctly any thoughts? The O-Ring wants to keep popping out of place.

Thanks
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Jammin Buggy & Truggy/Mini Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: