FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
rear diff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ilovetats

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: rear diff Reply with quote

I was hitting some jumps with my hyper7 and I noticed one of my rear dog bones had a lot of play, so I figured my diff was broken so I took it out to look it over and to me it looks good but if I grab the one side and spin the other side it moves! Is that normal? I thought they should both more or when holding the one side the other shouldn't move. The gear teeth looked good and there were no metal pieces in the diff. Any ideas on where the problem is?
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The differential action you describe is normal. Especially with thin oil or grease. You will feel more resistance when holding one wheel and spinning the other with a heavier oil.

Here is a good article for diff tuning:

http://www.myrcbox.com/articles/tech-article-diff-tuning-guide-for-buggy-and-truggy/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: