FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
GTP2 QUESTIONS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JACKPOTPILOT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: GTP2 QUESTIONS Reply with quote

Hey folks, bought a new GTP2 my left front shock has considerably less dampening then the rest, I always check over ready to runs before using them and so far this is the only thing I've noticed. can someone tell me what oil to use? I'm assuming it was assembled without or not enough, just as soon fix it myself as go through the warranty process. Also, anyone who has any tips with regards to this model, u know, things to look for before running or things that break easily, stuff like that, it would be greatly appreciated. Scott
NCdopey77

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I also recently acquired a GTP2 and I can say that you will most likely need to have some spur gears handy. I just put a LRP 30 in mine and I can expect to replace a spur gear per day of playing, if I am lucky. Working on a way to stiffen up entire chassis so under acceleration, the chassis doesn't flex so much. Actually, I had an extra chassis around and doubled up to see if that will help. I assume you are running the stock Force 28, right? Spur gears may not be that bad with that motor but I havent even used the stock engine yet. Brake fade can happen if you brake a lot. Those stinking 5 x 5 set screws will be an issue if you do have to replace the spur gears as much as I do, lol. Might want to have some of those handy, #94036.
NCdopey77

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its official, using a double chassis works in regards to stripping spur gears when using an aftermarket engine such as a lrp 30...could barely see any wear to the spur gears....sweet success!!!
NCdopey77

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCdopey77 wrote:
Its official, using a double chassis works in regards to stripping spur gears when using an aftermarket engine such as a lrp 30...could barely see any wear to the spur gears....sweet success!!!

Umm, ok so I lied, double chassis cant hold up to the power of the lrp 30 and non steel spur gears...lol, back to the stock 28, whatever....man, its dead on this forum huh? Is there another forum that has more activity?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: