FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Lx Comp Diff. upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

gateway418

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Lx Comp Diff. upgrade Reply with quote

Im new to the forum and just bought a used LX 1. What can I do to be able to upgrade to silicon versus grease. I heard that I can sand down and seal the diff with red silicon. Thanks for any help
David S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There shhould not be a problem upgrading to silicone oil.
Just make sure you use the o-ring for the diff assembly, and it is instlled correctly.
Buggin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason to sand the diff housing would be if the the pieces don't meet properly and wont seal correctly. I always use a very small amount of silicone applied with a tooth pick to seal them up, color of silicone is not important. Also as David said make sure to use the o rings, make sure their clean, free of nicks or damage and use an o ring lube when installing them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: