FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Carb and Starting Issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

sm29720

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Carb and Starting Issues Reply with quote

I am having problems with my brand new hyper 7 mac 28 engine. I had to take it back to the shop I purchased it from and they said the idle wsa factory set to low. They had it running when I left the store. Got back home and it ran for about 10 mins so I thought maybe the plug went out like most of them do during break-in. Well I changed the plug and it will not even start to fire. It is getting fuel and has a new plug. How do I check the gap on the idle screw? Thanks guys and have a great weekend.
HyperManiac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just recently run in my 8 port, and its naturally a weapon...
Now to check the idle gap, just remove the airfilter and look into the carb.
you will see a small gap which is your idle gap.

Hope this helps
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the engine when is in idle is steady low and is not making the car goes, you should not touch it. 2. If doesn't start try to close the High end needle 1 to 2 hrs. and try again, is posible that the engine is a little more loose and doesn't need that much fuel as is when brake in. If turning the High needle you feel the engine want to start close that needle 1 more hr and open(rich) the lower end needle to compensate the idle.

There is a few tutorials in the engine section and in the net that can help you to first understand how this engines works and them how to tune. Hope the above can help you, let me know if you need anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: