FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
LX-1E truggy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

jamesban

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: LX-1E truggy? Reply with quote

If I wanted to put truggy wheels on my LX1E how much would I have to gear it down to run it safely?
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending what motor your running/ if your running the stock pinion then you may not need to worry about gearing down. the stock 14 tooth pinion on a mmm 2650kv motor is pretty low gearing.
jamesban

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im running a 3000kv motor now but im getting an xerun 2250 in the mail this week for it. SO with the 2250 and 14t it should be ok? On other forums where I asked the same question they are all saying the diffs would have to be re-geared and a larger spur, etc or its gonna mess it up running truggy tires.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesban wrote:
Im running a 3000kv motor now but im getting an xerun 2250 in the mail this week for it. SO with the 2250 and 14t it should be ok? On other forums where I asked the same question they are all saying the diffs would have to be re-geared and a larger spur, etc or its gonna mess it up running truggy tires.

hmmm im not sure about the diffs..... if that is the case then it would be easyer to pick up a whole new diff assemble for the front and rear. i wouldnt think the slightly bigger wheels would hurt the diffs on these cars but i dont know for sure.................... and id like to see if any one of them guys that said that even has a lx-1e or if thats just info that applys to all 1:8 buggys.
jamesban

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it applies to all buggies, the diffs are geared higher. I was hoping someone from Ofna would know but im not sure if they ever check out the board or not? I really wanna put an SC body on it and run some stablemaxx rims and pin truggy tires but I dont wanna wreck the driveline?
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesban wrote:
I think it applies to all buggies, the diffs are geared higher. I was hoping someone from Ofna would know but im not sure if they ever check out the board or not? I really wanna put an SC body on it and run some stablemaxx rims and pin truggy tires but I dont wanna wreck the driveline?

these boards are not to active...... you could try checking out the truggy online manuals and compare the diffs between them and the ultras...... i do know that the ultras lx-1es diffs are one of the strongest ones ofna decided to include with the kits.

if you decide to try it out, post the outcome on the threads as iknow there are many peeps that want to run truggys wheels on these lx-1es.... good luck
jamesban

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to try it with the 2200 motor and stock gearing but Im afraid of damaging the diffs. I have rebuilt my brushless muggy diffs so many times Im sick of diffs.
David S.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesban wrote:

Generally the buggies and truggies share the differential parts like the Jammins (for example). Most of the time the gear ratio difference is made up with the spur gear. Truggy is larger. Unfortunately there is not a larger spur gear available for the Ultras.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David S. wrote:
jamesban wrote:

Generally the buggies and truggies share the differential parts like the Jammins (for example). Most of the time the gear ratio difference is made up with the spur gear. Truggy is larger. Unfortunately there is not a larger spur gear available for the Ultras.

he could go smaller pinion instead of bigger spur no?
RcFreak4Life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an old Ofna Ultra LX Comp that I'va had for 5 or 6 years now, (have been running it for 3)
But The last 2 or 3 years it has been sitting on my bench, so i thought that I would fix it/conv to LX 1e and put some truggy tires on it. so far it sems fine, but I run an 13 tooth pin on it on my 2560kv.
Snapped 1 axle but that my be because it's old.
(Just have to say, all the years I drov it, I changes only 1 part after 2-2,5 years. And then the engine broke down.)
mechanike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE 5.5" TIRES ON WITH A 15TOOTH PINION.WITH A LX-1E.IVE BEEN BEATING IT UP FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OF RUN TIME. SEEMS OK,,,,,,,,,SOUNDS NOISY THOUGH ANYONE KNOW IF THE SPURGEAR IS ALSO MOD1 PITCH???
David S.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gear pitch is Mod-1.

Using the spur gear from the LX-1e may quiet it down some but not all the way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: