FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
9.5 Violator Nitro to Brushless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ofna9.5Violator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: 9.5 Violator Nitro to Brushless Reply with quote

Hey guys picked up this 9.5 Violator in a trade, currently doing a conversion I would imagine most will be the same but heres a little 101 for y'all if anyone. Doing this cause apparently nobody makes a conversion kit for my buggy specifically anymore.

First thing is first remove all nitro equipment, motor, gas tank, muffler, brakes (if you want), remove most all electronics minus the steering servo that's all I can remember for now.

What you'll need for sure is motor/esc (your choice) I'm personally going to be using an HPI Q-base and an Reedy 3500kv run 3s lipo, controller transmitter (use original if wanted) get pinion gear if your "spur" gear is like mine I have a 46 tooth so going with an 11t get a 4:1 ratio, I'm getting an HPI motor mount, and going to make my own base plate to work, and haven't decided on battery pack holder mount, lipo charger as well.

Here are my current pictures I have of it right now I will post more as I start having more progress, but here's all the current pictures I have right now.

Starting point with the buggy

Doing some cleaning and checking to make sure that the rear differential gears were fine.

Current state waiting for all the electric goods to be set up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 9.5 Buggy Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: